GDrive Migrate from Cache to VFS

Hello All,

Hoping someone might be able to assist me, I have been using Cache backend for a while now and have only realised since updating my Rclone to the latest version that I should really change over to VFS.

I currently mount 3 directories manually using these commands:

rclone mount -v --allow-non-empty --allow-other gdnew:/Media/Movies /home/plex/Movies/ --user-agent="KC" &
rclone mount -v --allow-non-empty --allow-other gdnew:/Media/TV /home/plex/TV/ --user-agent="KC" &
rclone mount -v --allow-non-empty --allow-other gdnew:/Media/Anime /home/plex/Anime/ --user-agent="KC" &

I then mount the cache backend separately using this command in a separate directory:

rclone mount -vvv --allow-other --allow-non-empty gcache: /home/gcache --user-agent="KC"

These are the parameters I use for Cache Backend:
[gcache]
type = cache
remote = gdnew:Media
chunk_size = 20Mi
info_age = 1h0m0s
chunk_total_size = 200Gi

I am unsure what switches I need to allow me to mount the first 3 Directories as VFS with the parameters listed above.

I was also wondering if its possible to keep it the same and have the cache directory separate to the main directories listed at the top, if that makes sense?

hello and welcome to the forum,

for the three mount commands, can add --vfs-cache-mode=full

just curious, why not have one mount

rclone mount gdnew:/Media home/plex -v --allow-other --vfs-cache-mode=full`

Hello Thanks for getting back to me!

There is no reason why I can't use the 1 mount it's more because of the way I have it configured currently with Sonarr, Radarr and Plex, would need to change all the file paths.

Do I need to specify any other switches for the cache size, chunk size etc or will just using --vfs-cache-mode=full work on its own?

I take it I can also write to those mounts still too as I was using these to write data to Google Drive:

rclone mount -v --allow-non-empty --allow-other gdnew:/Media/Movies /home/plex/Movies/ --user-agent="KC" &
rclone mount -v --allow-non-empty --allow-other gdnew:/Media/TV /home/plex/TV/ --user-agent="KC" &
rclone mount -v --allow-non-empty --allow-other gdnew:/Media/Anime /home/plex/Anime/ --user-agent="KC" &

and this one just to read data within Plex:

rclone mount -vvv --allow-other --allow-non-empty gcache: /home/gcache --user-agent="KC"

yes. but you can tweak flags as needed.

Thanks so much for your help!

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.