GDrive impersonate with multiple users

With the sudden move to remote work for our users, I'm looking to use rclone to copy files from network home drives to user Google Drives. I've gone through the setup and have successfully been able to use -v --drive-impersonate user1@domain.com lsf Gdrive: to access and list a user's drive files.

However, when I try to use the same command to then access files for user2@domain.com, I get no results, no errors.
User2:

I'm new to rclone, so excuse me if I'm missing something obvious. Once impersonate is used, is it then permanently linked to to a specific remote? Do I have to create a new remote, using the same service account, and then run impersonate again for the second user?

Thanks for your assistance!

hello,
when posting your question, you should have been asked for some basic info.

What is the problem you are having with rclone?

What is your rclone version (output from rclone version)

Which OS you are using and how many bits (eg Windows 7, 64 bit)

Which cloud storage system are you using? (eg Google Drive)

The command you were trying to run (eg rclone copy /tmp remote:tmp)

A log from the command with the -vv flag (eg output from rclone -vv copy /tmp remote:tmp)

Assuming you are using 1.51.0 there is a little problem with caching the drive folder ID for this use case. You can work around it by adding --drive-root-folder-id "" to your command line.

1 Like

Brilliant! That did the trick. Thanks for the assistance!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.