GDrive - Exit on 509 bandwidth limit?

What is the problem you are having with rclone?

Using Google Drive, sometimes I get Http Status: 509 Bandwidth Limit Exceeded. Is there a way to have it error and exit when it occurs? Similar to --drive-stop-on-upload-limit

Run the command 'rclone version' and share the full output of the command.

$ rclone version
rclone v1.57.0
- os/version: unknown
- os/kernel: 4.4.180+ (x86_64)
- os/type: linux
- os/arch: amd64
- go/version: go1.17.2
- go/linking: static
- go/tags: none

Which cloud storage system are you using? (eg Google Drive)

Google Drive

The command you were trying to run (eg rclone copy /tmp remote:tmp)

rclone \
    --drive-service-account-file "$file" \
    --drive-stop-on-upload-limit \
    --drive-stop-on-download-limit \
    --drive-chunk-size 256M \
    \
    --mega-hard-delete \
    \
    --progress \
    --checkers 12 \
    --transfers 8 \
    \
    $OPERATION \
    $COPY_FROM \
    $COPY_TO

--mega-hard-delete is there because my source is Mega but destination is Google Drive. Google Drive remote is the one that's giving the error.

hi, might try
--retries=1
---low-level-retries-number=1

ah, I'll try that.

That might work. Thanks!

without a debug log, or the exact text from the log, cannot tell you which one.

That's not a Google Drive error.

and hard to give good advice, as the redacted config file is missing.
did you create client id for gdrive?

@Animosity022 When the error starts showing up, I see this for the rest of the files.

2022-01-31 11:09:15 ERROR : FILEPATH/FILENAME : Not deleting source as copy failed: Post  "https://www.googleapis.com/upload/drive/v3/files?
alt=json&fields=id%2Cname%2Csize%2Cmd5Checksum%2Ctrashed%2CexplicitlyTrashed%2CmodifiedTime%2CcreatedTime%2CmimeType%2Cparents%2CwebViewL
ink%2CshortcutDetails%2CexportLinks&supportsAllDrives=true&uploadType=resumable&upload_id=ID-REDACTED": Http Status: 509 Bandwidth Limit Exceeded

It goes through all of them showing this error for all of them.

@asdffdsa I do have my own client id for GDrive. This is copying to a team drive. This is the redacted config. It's using a crypt on top, the crypt has filename encryption and directory name encryption.

[Vault]
type = drive
scope = drive
root_folder_id =
client_id = <redacted>
client_secret = <redacted>
team_drive = <redacted>

I'm using service accounts. They're passed via --drive-service-account-file

Those errors are from MEGA which is why we ask for a rclone.conf and a full command and a full log.

Resolve errors | Google Drive API | Google Developers

[See Bugtracker] mega 509 bandwidth limit exceeded - JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

509 Bandwidth Limit Exceeded using Mega Pro Account with jDownloader : MEGA (reddit.com)

Mega doesn't let me start any download (509 bandwidth limit exceeded) : jdownloader (reddit.com)

etc.

Well, that error is confusing at a minimum. It reads like it's failing when POST'ing to Google.

I'll check that remote.

That's why we ask for a rclone.conf and a full debug log as context matters.

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.