Fundemental Issues with GDrive Storage

Hi,

I’m guessing you’re running this as a one time sync and then you only sync the changes?
Have a look at the issues I had in the past:

Now, I can tell you that with me it helped a lot having two different setups in rclone, so I use my own API one to basically sync all of my local (home) data and then I use another one to replicate an “offsite data” folder I keep only on Gdrive. That way, if somebody by mistake deletes something in the offsite folder, I can grab it back thanks to the backup I have on gdrive itself.
Once the full backup was finally completed, the sync’s won’t take all of the 500/750GB day limits and so everything worked ok.

Now, as for the limits, I was told 500GB in my thread, now it seems it’s 750GB. Now, one issue I’ve been having recently is that I moved off Plex Cloud (it was just s*it and kept getting stuck) so I use Google’s Drive File Stream and linked a few folders to my own plex server. That started making so much traffic that every day I’d get banned until the midnight. So, I’m hoping that plex is gonna finish soon what it’s doing :slight_smile:

I don’t want to go too much off topic, but I started wondering: I know how much data rclone uses, but I don’t know how much data Plex is downloading for its metadata updates. So I have had like 4 chats with Google’s Business support which were horrible. They were not releasing any official data on the actual amount per day and nor they have an alert in GDrive’s Admin console to send notifications whether you’re reaching your quota at least you could proactively stop any process and not lock the entire thing. It’s ridiculous that nobody that uses Google Suits for Business every complained about setting alerts, I just can’t believe it! Anyhow, I’ve sent an idea about this (upvote here if you like it: https://www.cloudconnect.goog/ideas/14077)
All of this to say that yes, Google Drive for Business is probably c*ap if used a bit more intensively. It’s worth it only for small business who do not need a lot of data exchange. But hey, you have unlimited storage…
All of this to say that, I was told by their support that if it gets locked,you can unlock it from your own Admin console, however, if you only have one single account, you won’t be able to and to contact them back to get it unlocked it before time (which I did, and guess what? They asked me to wait until the day after…).
I’ve got some screenshots of the chats that are like the stupidest thing you may look at today.

Sorry if I went a bit off topic.