Folders not updating properly till system reboots

What is the problem you are having with rclone?

I have G:Drive mounted as two different drives on my computer. I am noticing that my folders are not updating when i'm adding content until i reboot the system. Then all the updates come through. I'm not sure where i've messed up here. I'd really appreciate any help. I can set the system to reboot every night but that's not the ideal resolution.

I am using the following mounts when running NSSM as a service.

mount gdrivetvm: O: --config "C:\Users*Name*.config\rclone\rclone.conf" --fast-list --allow-other --dir-cache-time 72h --vfs-read-chunk-size 64M --buffer-size 1G

mount gdrive4k: M: --config "C:\Users*name*.config\rclone\rclone.conf" --allow-other --dir-cache-time 72h --vfs-read-chunk-size 64M --buffer-size 2G --fast-list

Which OS you are using and how many bits (eg Windows 7, 64 bit)

Windows 10 64bit

You can remove this as it does nothing on a mount.

Can you run with a debug log and share the output? You can add -vv on the mount and see what the issue is as that's not normal.

How are you adding files?

Files get added via a remote server and are copied to the corresponding plex folders. I will add the - vv switch and provide and update.

Are you using any encryption or just a standard mount? You can remove --fast-list as it doesn't do anything on a mount either.

No encryption just a straight mount. I will make the changes and report back. I've never done the logging on windows only on Ubuntu. It should be fairly straightforward I'm assuming.

I'm running the -vv switch. I just need to confirm the save location of the log file. I will report back as soon as i have a log. How long should i run it for? Till i notice the problem?

Hmm, well on Google Drives this should all be kept updated by the polling function which is on by default (1min) even if you run a 72h --dir-cache-time.

That said, the obvious first thing to just try is to lower that down to 10s or whatever for testing purposes to see if you then get proper data when you browse through. That way we can at least rule out polling specifically as the source of the error.

Also when you say that this problem persists until you restart the system - surely you mean that it persists until dismount/remount of the drives?

Try to replicate the problem rather than just waiting for it to happen naturally. Best of all if you know to replace the problem already and then just do that know process with the debug log on. Debug logs are already long as-is, and nobody will be happy if you come back with a 500MB sized logfile because you had it running for hours...

I assume replicating the issue would be something like:

• Upload a small folder with a few files
  • When the upload is done, wait at least 60 seconds
  • Then try to F5 to see if that expected folder appears
  • Note any unexpected result and close the rclone session to stop the logging.

If it's not consistent but happens only rarely, randomly, then you have no choice but to run a long long but not exactly ideal...

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.