Files copied to wrong upstream of Union

What is the problem you are having with rclone?

I've setup a remote with two upstreams, one remote and one local, looking like so:

[tv]
type = union
upstreams = gdrive_crypt:/Serien:ro d:\Downloads\out\tv

So, from what i read in the docs, this should present my remote files in read-only state and provide the local part as writable.

The remote is mounted (see below) and presented to Sonarr which can then place new files onto the local upstream before they get copied later.

However, it looks like files are not always written to the local upstream but also to the remote which would be undesirable. In the log i've attached, i was downloading Episodes from a show called "The Wire" from Season 01. These files are currently appearing within the union one after another and they are also appearing on the GD remote upstream but not on the local storage of the pc as expected.

What is your rclone version (output from rclone version)

rclone v1.51.0-161-g2c4aadb5-beta

• os/arch: windows/amd64
  • go version: go1.14.2

Which OS you are using and how many bits (eg Windows 7, 64 bit)

Win10 64bit

Which cloud storage system are you using? (eg Google Drive)

GD

The command you were trying to run (eg rclone copy /tmp remote:tmp)

mount tv:/ m: --allow-other --dir-cache-time 5m --poll-interval 10s --drive-chunk-size 32M --vfs-cache-mode writes --timeout 1h --config c:\tools\rclone\rclone.conf --log-file c:\tools\rclone\tv.log -vv

A log from the command with the -vv flag (eg output from rclone -vv copy /tmp remote:tmp)

https://pastebin.com/uYwEJMMErclone.log (131.4 KB)

Hmm, that looks like a bug of some kind...

Can you make a simpler reproducer for me? Eg using mv and cp to copy files in and out the mounted backend, something I can do myself as I don't have Sonarr or the time to set it up!

Thanks

I'll be glad to provide more details.

Just to be sure: You want log data for I/O operations to and from the union?

So far, i've not been able to reproduce the above behaviour by manually copying, moving and deleting files between the local storage and the union mount. Everytime a file was copied or moved, either from console or file manager, it would always be placed as expected which is the local upstream part of the remote.

So after some more investigation it looks like rclone tries to put the file onto the read-only remote upstream if the path exists there already but not on the local disk upstream. If i do create the path on the local side manually, it seems to work fine

Great investigation!

I tried to replicate this myself but I haven't succeeded yet.

How exactly are you copying files into the mount to show the problem? Can you try with dos copy command?

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.