Files copied to cache become inaccessible until uploaded

First, I’m running rclone on unraid, if it matters. I’m using an encrypted, cached mount with gsuite. I use the mounted drive for Plex, Sonarr, Radarr, etc. Basically, somewhere after rclone version 1.4.2, files that are added to gdrive via Radarr, Sonarr, etc disappear from the mount after anywhere from 1 to 15 minutes and don’t become accessible again until they are uploaded to gdrive. Is this normal behaviour or is there something I can check/do to fix this? My config along with my mount command are below.

[gdrive]
type = drive
client_id = redacted
client_secret = redacted
token = redacted
scope = drive

[gdrive-crypt]
type = crypt
remote = gdrive-cache:/secure
filename_encryption = standard
password = redacted
password2 = redacted

[gdrive-cache]
type = cache
remote = gdrive:
chunk_size = 10M
info_age = 48h
chunk_total_size = 120G
db_path = /tmp/cache-db/
db_purge = true
chunk_clean_interval = 1h0m0s
read_retries = 10
workers = 4
writes = false
tmp_upload_path = /mnt/cache/cache-backend/uploads
tmp_wait_time = 2h0m0s
db_wait_time = 1s
chunk_path = /mnt/user/cache-backend/chunks
chunk_no_memory = true

rclone mount --allow-other --allow-non-empty --verbose --rc --vfs-cache-mode writes --cache-dir /mnt/user/cache-backend/vfs/ gdrive-crypt: /mnt/disks/gdrive-crypt &

Is what does it as it uploads it immediately and will do that. You’d want to turn that off I’d guess if you want to use the cache tmp wait time.

Still does it with vfs cache writes disabled and I get a log full of “ERROR : randomfilenamehere.mkv: WriteFileHandle: Can’t open for write without O_TRUNC on existing file without --vfs-cache-mode >= writes” whenever sonarr/radarr moves something to the mounted drive.

Still does what?

I tested with cache-tmp only and it seems to work fine.

Are you getting the errors as you are in somewhat of a catch-22 as if you want to use Sonarr/Radarr, you need that option as that is how they work.

Can you share the full log with debug and reproduce the error?