File replicated when moving to a VFS-cached mount/Exclude folders in rclone mount

I don't. The local folder remains there inside the /drive, regardless of the rclone mount.

I don't understand how that works.

If you run a rclone mount with /drive, the directory /drive/local is part of the remote and not a local disk so I don't understand how you are connecting /drive/local to a local disk. Anything written to /drive goes to your remote.

That particular folder would not be a part of the remote, and would be excluded.

The rclone mount just disregards the folder.

Looks like there's an open issue for this... albeit for files, not folders.

That request is for the partial files for Sonarr when they are writing to the remote.
The way that flow works is:

File is written to /drive with the name ~partial
File completes writing.
File is renamed at the end therealname
File is uploaded

The reason that requests exists is because those are transient files that need to get uploaded, but the move happened in such a way, rclone had issues with it most likely due to mono and how that happened.

No, it delays the upload and that request wants the final file uploaded, but not the temp stuff as they are transient files.

That's why I asked before what you wanted to happen and what steps so you can articulate the use case.

In that case the files are written to local disk (--cache-dir) until they are uploaded or removed.

If the files are written to the cache folder, the files are only uploaded after the transfer is done, by then the ~partial is removed and the proper file is uploaded, that is how I've been doing with VFS writes.

Coming back to my original issue, I think rclone should have an option to exclude certain folders from syncing.

Yep, that's what I said and you said.

You've already linked the issue with the upload filters so I think that adequately answers your question as the feature doesn't exist yet.

It does not until the feature exists, but that's common sense.

What question do you have still open that requires an answer?