"Failed to create file system... when making oauth client"

What is the problem you are having with rclone?

I created a jail in freenas and installed rclone inside it. Then I followed the instructions here to create a remote, which I named "remote1". Then I created a cloud sync task, and when I attempt to select a destination folder, a window opens with this error:

[EFAULT] 2019/10/14 14:44:59 Failed to create file system for "remote:/": drive: failed when making oauth client: failed to create oauth client: invalid character 'y' looking for beginning of value

What is your rclone version (output from rclone version)

Which OS you are using and how many bits (eg Windows 7, 64 bit)

Freenas 64

Which cloud storage system are you using? (eg Google Drive)

Google Drive

The command you were trying to run (eg rclone copy /tmp remote:tmp)

NA

A log from the command with the -vv flag (eg output from rclone -vv copy /tmp remote:tmp)

Error: Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 165, in call_method
result = await self.middleware.call_method(self, message)
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 1096, in call_method
return await self._call(message['method'], serviceobj, methodobj, params, app=app, io_thread=False)
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 1044, in _call
return await methodobj(*args)
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/schema.py", line 664, in nf
return await f(*args, **kwargs)
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/plugins/cloud_sync.py", line 571, in list_directory
return await self.ls(dict(cloud_sync, credentials=credentials), path)
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/plugins/cloud_sync.py", line 581, in ls
raise CallError(proc.stderr)
middlewared.service_exception.CallError: [EFAULT] 2019/10/14 14:39:54 Failed to create file system for "remote:/": drive: failed when making oauth client: failed to create oauth client: invalid character 'y' looking for beginning of value

What would I have done wrong to produce this error?

"Then I created a cloud sync task, and when I attempt to select a destination folder, a window opens with this error: ... "

I don't really understand what that is from - unless it's something spesific in freenas (which I know little about).

Do you get the same error in a normal terminal?

To me that error kind of sounds like you have some sort of format error in you config. Could you share the contents of your rclone.conf with us?

Please note: This file may contain certain sensitive information. I recommend you replace any characters in "client secret" and any crypt keys (if you use crypt) with x'es. Keep the same amount of characters though.

Also, just to check - did you in the setup complete the authorization step where you authorized towards your google drive? (usually done via browser).

This is a task you can setup to run at set intervals in Freenas. I don't know Freenas all that well but I think it literally just enters commands into the shell of the jail.

I don't know what the command or commands being run by the task are, but I'd imagine they'd come up the same in shell, probably?

Here you go:

[remote1]
type = drive
client_id = xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
client_secret = xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
scope = drive
token = {"access_token":"xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

edit:

Yes I did. It gave me a link to go to, which i opened on my desktop, clicked allow, and then copied and pasted the authorization code into the shell.

Still not sure I understand... how are you using rclone without knowing what commands you are sending to rclone? Or does FreeNAS come with some sort of built-in compatibility for rclone?

I really do not want to trust some predefined task that we don't even know what does.
Either you must find a way to open and read that task (probably just some script file I expect)
or else we must try to replicate what it supposed to do - and I will provide to rclone command for you to test - then we can at least see what is happening. If you want to do that then please describe in plain English what that task is supposed to do for you.

Please clarify this if I misunderstand.

About configuration: I don't see anything obviously wrong here. Can you check if client ID, secret or token happen to start with an 'y' ?

I'm sorry, I've wasted your time. I completely misunderstood something. I didn't need rclone for what I was doing. I've accomplished what I was trying to do. The cloud sync task feature I was referring to did what I needed entirely by itself without needing to run rclone in a jail.

Hah, no problem :stuck_out_tongue:
To err is human, to error is computer.

Welcome back next time you (actually) have rclone problems then :wink:

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.