Failed to create file system for

Hello, I’m very,very new to rclone, but ran into the following problem:

I’m using debian (testing) on a 64 bit PC.

My rclone.conf:
[GoogleDrive-BP]
type = GoogleDrive-BP:Mijn Drive/Google Foto’s
client_id =
client_secret =

[GoogleDrive-T]
type = GoogleDrive-T:Mijn Drive/Google Foto's
client_id =  
client_secret = 

Both entries are followed bij a filled ’ token =’

This is the command I try along with the output:
rclone --dry-run sync “GoogleDrive-T:/Mijn Drive/Google Foto’s” “/mnt/Data/GoogleDrive-T/Google Foto’s/”
2017/09/27 19:53:08 Failed to create file system for “GoogleDrive-T:/Mijn Drive/Google Foto’s”: didn’t find filing system for “GoogleDrive-T:Google Foto’s”

Can anyone help me with this? When it runs I will make an alias and run that every now and again.

Thanks in advance,
Bauke

It looks like you made the config file by hand… I think you need to delete it and make a new one using rclone config which will get the correct tokens from google etc.

See the config walkthrough.

Hello, I did use rclone config, but didn’t want my tokens on the internet.

Bauke

The type is wrong it needs to be drive - try editing that

I edited rclone.conf.
type = drive

Then I issued the following command:
rclone --dry-run sync drive/“Google Foto’s” “/mnt/Data/GoogleDrive-T/Google Foto’s/”
I did get more:

2017/09/28 20:17:37 ERROR : Local file system at /mnt/Data/GoogleDrive-T/Google Foto’s: not deleting files as there were IO errors
2017/09/28 20:17:37 ERROR : Attempt 1/3 failed with 0 errors and: error reading source directory “”: directory not found
2017/09/28 20:17:37 ERROR : Local file system at /mnt/Data/GoogleDrive-T/Google Foto’s: not deleting files as there were IO errors
2017/09/28 20:17:37 ERROR : Attempt 2/3 failed with 0 errors and: error reading source directory “”: directory not found
2017/09/28 20:17:37 ERROR : Attempt 3/3 failed with 0 errors and: error reading source directory “”: directory not found
2017/09/28 20:17:37 Failed to sync: error reading source directory “”: directory not found

How do I input the source dir.?

Thanks in advance
Bauke

your command should look like this based on the info in your config.

rclone --dry-run sync “GoogleDrive-BP:Google Foto’s” “/mnt/Data/GoogleDrive-T/Google Foto’s/”

After running that: Command sync needs 2 arguments maximum
But as I can see it Sync has only two arguments!?!?!?

Bauke

Looks like that got infested with smartquotes somehow, try this

rclone --dry-run sync "GoogleDrive-T:Google Foto’s" "/mnt/Data/GoogleDrive-T/Google Foto’s/"
1 Like

I changed the quotes and let it run again:
result: (copied from the terminal)
┌── bauke@xps-testing zo 01-10-2017 23:08:17 op DebianGNU/Linux
└─> [~] $ rclone --dry-run sync “GoogleDrive-T:Google Foto’s” “/mnt/Data/GoogleDrive-T/Google Foto’s/”
2017/10/01 23:10:26 ERROR : Local file system at /mnt/Data/GoogleDrive-T/Google Foto’s: not deleting files as there were IO errors
2017/10/01 23:10:26 ERROR : Attempt 1/3 failed with 0 errors and: error reading source directory “”: directory not found
2017/10/01 23:10:27 ERROR : Local file system at /mnt/Data/GoogleDrive-T/Google Foto’s: not deleting files as there were IO errors
2017/10/01 23:10:27 ERROR : Attempt 2/3 failed with 0 errors and: error reading source directory “”: directory not found
2017/10/01 23:10:27 ERROR : Local file system at /mnt/Data/GoogleDrive-T/Google Foto’s: not deleting files as there were IO errors
2017/10/01 23:10:27 ERROR : Attempt 3/3 failed with 0 errors and: error reading source directory “”: directory not found
2017/10/01 23:10:27 Failed to sync: error reading source directory “”: directory not found

Any ideas?

First do

rclone lsd GoogleDrive-T:

To see what the directory is called, then copy and paste it on the end of the command line.

Thank you very much!
The last stupid quote repaired and its working the way I hoped it would.

Regards,
Bauke

Great :slight_smile: Glad it is working for you.