Failed to copy with 2 errors: last error was: directory not found

Hello good afternoon,
I was copying the files from my hd to my OneDrive account when my computer crashed and had to reboot but when I tried to copy the files it started to give error.

root@levaculik:/home/levaculik# rclone copy /media/levaculik/hd1/animes2 medias:/Filmes/Animes --progress
2019-09-30 10:51:33 ERROR : : error reading source directory: directory not found
2019-09-30 10:51:33 ERROR : Attempt 1/3 failed with 2 errors and: directory not found
2019-09-30 10:51:33 ERROR : : error reading source directory: directory not found
2019-09-30 10:51:33 ERROR : Attempt 2/3 failed with 2 errors and: directory not found
2019-09-30 10:51:34 ERROR : : error reading source directory: directory not found
2019-09-30 10:51:34 ERROR : Attempt 3/3 failed with 2 errors and: directory not found
Transferred: 0 / 0 Bytes, -, 0 Bytes/s, ETA -
Errors: 2 (retrying may help)
Checks: 0 / 0, -
Transferred: 0 / 0, -
Elapsed time: 0s
2019/09/30 10:51:34 Failed to copy with 2 errors: last error was: directory not found

Looks like /media/levchulik/hd1 isn't mounted

And to add to that - the reason could be that the crash left the mount in a broken state, and or blocking any startup script you may use from re-mounting it for you because the location is in use.

I'd try manually unmounting, then remounting normalyl by whatever means you normally use (see mount docs for some linux commands for that if you need it). Chances are that solves it. if not - report back.

hello then the hd is mounted and already tried to dismount, but still not resolving. Will if dismount my virtual hd would solve?

Can you rephrase the question? I am not sure I understand what you asked.

I would suggest you try to manually dismount like is described in the mount documentation:

When the program ends, either via Ctrl+C or receiving a SIGINT or SIGTERM signal, the mount is automatically stopped.

The umount operation can fail, for example when the mountpoint is busy. When that happens, it is the user’s responsibility to stop the mount manually with

# Linux
fusermount -u /path/to/local/mount
# OS X
umount /path/to/local/mount

i think that there are two different types of mount being discussed here

i think that @ncw means that the physical hard drive is not mounted, as per the os, linux mount.
whereas, @thestigma is dealing with a rclone mount

i could be wrong and if so, i apologize and if so, i will retroactively delete this post...

That is very possible. Is "hd1" a standard indication on Linux of it being a physical harddrive connection?

In any case we are talking about as the problem is this:
/media/levaculik/hd1/animes2
That is the one that is not accessible

And presumably the OP knows if this is a physical disk or not :slight_smile:
Physical disks certainly can be dismounted from the OS as well, and I'm sure that could happen in a bad crash. I don't have the Linux expertise to instruct OP in how to remount a physical disk though.

i agree,
as i understand linux, and believe me, as a window user, i really do not understand linux.
/media is a mount point for external drives like usb harddrives and so on.

@levaculik makes mention of virtual hd, and perhaps it is mounted under /media.

Yes that is exactly what I meant - sorry for the confusion!

My mistake not yours.
It's just a bit too easy to assume we are talking about rclone mounts on this forum whenever you say mount :smiley:

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.