Extremely slow upload speed with OneDrive

@asdffdsa I peeked in your comment :wink:

Yes, I recognize the pattern in your log. It is handled better by my current prototype. I look forward to involving you and others in review and testing - working hard to get there.

When you reply to someone, they get an email with the post so if you edit it, they already have it in email. There's no magic to that.

and edited posts have a pen icon, that lets everybody see the change history.

And you didn't write anyting nasty (on the contrary), so I just gave you a polite answer in case you deleted to avoid diverting the discussion.

Ah, that's neat. I wasn't aware of that either. That' something we could toggle on or off:

That's the discourse setting.

I recommend it stays on, I have had a few difficult cases where the poster intentionally changed the post after my reply, to confuse me and everybody else - transparency is gold in such situations. You can also see edit history in GitHub.

imho, that should be default unchecked.

often is the case that someone posts unredacted config files.

in any event, i did not want that post read by anyone and the someone did....

I don't plan to change the setting for me anyway. We can moderate config files by fixing posts and whatnot if that's the case.

sure, each person should have that choice and the default setting for all users is your decision.

so this is a per-user option?
i did not see in under preferences, where is it?

I sure would have silently ignored it, if I had any indication that you didn’t like my peeking and responding.

May I ask why you deleted the post?
(trying to learn to see what I apparently missed)

It's an overall discourse setting and it's on by default. I appreciate your point of view, but I don't agree with it.

i thought that implied it was a per-user setting.
i could not find it

no worries, if it is a global setting, you get to decide that.

thanks,

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.