Exclude Filter Issue with Underscore (_)

What is the problem you are having with rclone?

trying to exclude a directory, which works until the directory has a file with a "_" in it. below i will insert first the working command, than the nonworking command with its log. and as a note, this is the directory i am trying to exclude:

C:\Users\Administrator\Documents\Shares\Venesa\Telegram Desktop\tdata\user_data\media_cache\0

as you can see below, if i shorted the exclude directory to before the folder with the _, it works fine.

What is your rclone version (output from rclone version)

Which cloud storage system are you using? (eg Google Drive)

local sync

The command you were trying to run (works)

C:\rclone 1.56>rclone sync --verbose --transfers=50 --exclude "Telegram Desktop/tdata/" "C:\Users\Administrator\Documents\Shares\Venesa" "Y:\Server\Venesa"

The command you were trying to run (doesn't work, directory doesn't get excluded)

rclone sync --verbose --transfers=50 --exclude "Telegram Desktop/tdata/user_data" "C:\Users\Administrator\Documents\Shares\Venesa" "Y:\Server\Venesa"

A log from the command with the -vv flag

C:\rclone 1.56>rclone sync --verbose --transfers=50 --exclude "Telegram Desktop/tdata/user_data" "C:\Users\Administrator\Documents\Shares\Venesa" "Y:\Server\Venesa"
2021/10/20 18:29:13 ERROR : Telegram Desktop/tdata/working: Failed to calculate src hash: hash: failed to open: The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process.
2021/10/20 18:29:13 ERROR : Telegram Desktop/tdata/working: Failed to copy: failed to open source object: The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process.
2021/10/20 18:29:13 NOTICE: Telegram Desktop/tdata/user_data/media_cache/0/binlog: Removing partially written file on error: read \\?\C:\Users\Administrator\Documents\Shares\Venesa\Telegram Desktop\tdata\user_data\media_cache\0\binlog: The process cannot access the file because another process has locked a portion of the file.
2021/10/20 18:29:13 ERROR : Telegram Desktop/tdata/user_data/media_cache/0/binlog: Failed to copy: read \\?\C:\Users\Administrator\Documents\Shares\Venesa\Telegram Desktop\tdata\user_data\media_cache\0\binlog: The process cannot access the file because another process has locked a portion of the file.
2021/10/20 18:29:13 NOTICE: Telegram Desktop/tdata/user_data/cache/0/binlog: Removing partially written file on error: read \\?\C:\Users\Administrator\Documents\Shares\Venesa\Telegram Desktop\tdata\user_data\cache\0\binlog: The process cannot access the file because another process has locked a portion of the file.
2021/10/20 18:29:13 ERROR : Telegram Desktop/tdata/user_data/cache/0/binlog: Failed to copy: read \\?\C:\Users\Administrator\Documents\Shares\Venesa\Telegram Desktop\tdata\user_data\cache\0\binlog: The process cannot access the file because another process has locked a portion of the file.

perhaps this is just a unix code issue that i am missing. that's why i am here :slight_smile:

hi,

to exclude a directory, the exclude pattern needs a trailing slash, perhaps try
--exclude "Telegram Desktop/tdata/user_data/"

see the difference?

rclone ls D:\files\test --exclude="user_data" -vv --dump=filters 
--- start filters ---
--- File filter rules ---
- (^|/)user_data$
--- Directory filter rules ---
--- end filters ---

and

rclone ls D:\files\test --exclude="user_data/" -vv --dump=filters 
--- start filters ---
--- File filter rules ---
- (^|/)user_data/.*$
--- Directory filter rules ---
- (^|/)user_data/.*$
--- end filters ---
1 Like

i won't forget that difference again :see_no_evil:

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.