Error when trying to run rclone with google drive

I received an error:

failed to create file system for “remote:rclone”: didnt find section in config file

My rclone would sync to google drive easily in the past then recently this popped up. I check rclone config if it was set up and it seemed to get deleted. So I did rclone config again and still get this error.

What does your rclone.config look like if you can share with removing the passwords and such and what command are you running to produce the error?

where would I find that? I am running a shell file that worked with my old rclone. Now my rclone does not sync at all.

You can find the location:

felix@gemini:~$ rclone config file
Configuration file is stored at:
/home/felix/.rclone.conf

To show the contents you can do:

rclone config show

type = drive
client_id = ***************************************************************
client_secret = **********************************
scope = drive
root_folder_id =
service_account_file =
token = {“access_token”:"************************************************************************************************************************************",“token_type”:"",“refresh_token”:"********************************************",“expiry”:""}

The blank sections mean I didn’t input anything there

Are you using your own API credentials or the standard?

I use my own and see:

felix@gemini:~$ rclone config show
[GD]
type = drive
client_id = bunchofnumbersapps.googleusercontent.com
client_secret = supersecretpassword
token = {"access_token":"verylongaccesstoken","expiry":"2018-08-01T14:55:37.413441909-04:00"}

If you are not using your own key, the client id / secret would be all blank and the only thing filled in would be the token.

An example would be:

[TestGD]
type = drive
client_id =
client_secret =
scope = drive
root_folder_id =
service_account_file =
token = {"access_token":"longaccesstoken","token_type":"Bearer","refresh_token":"refreshtoken","expiry":"2018-08-01T15:37:14.487731122-04:00"}

felix@gemini:~$ rclone lsd TestGD:
          -1 2018-06-07 10:05:06        -1 Arq Backup Data
          -1 2018-06-20 13:41:52        -1 backup-plex
          -1 2017-06-09 09:59:43        -1 media
          -1 2018-05-17 08:06:13        -1 test

You cut off the header so I can’t tell what it is called.

It is called [remote]

So do I not need to put a client id?

If you aren’t using your own API Key from Google, you can leave that all blank.

What happens when you do:

rclone lsd remote:

I got an error and it says directory not found.

Since we can’t see your screen nor what you are typing, you need to share the commands you are running along without the output and we can help you solve it :slight_smile:

hi sorry about that.
my error reads this when trying to type rclone lsd remote:

2018/08/06 20:52:26 ERROR : : error listing: directory not found
2018/08/06 20:52:26 Failed to lsd :directory not found

My rclone-current-linux-arm.zip and rclone file with the rclone.config file in the path /home/pi/GUI (I’m trying to sync all my files in the GUI folder to my google drive).

The shell script reads:

#!/bin/sh
sudo /usr/local/bin/rclone -v sync /home/pi/GUI remote:rclone --delete-before --include “.csv" --include ".lid”

It worked before. If I type in the command (rclone -v sync /home/pi/GUI remote:rclone --delete-before --include “*.csv” etc…) in terminal, the syncing works for some reason. But when I try running the shell script with the same command I get the “failed to create file system for “remote:rclone”: didnt find section in config file”