Error syncing to Box

What is the problem you are having with rclone?

I'm syncing a borg backup archive to Box so I have a remote off site copy. This used to work when using an older borg backup version. However, with the new buster OS, it includes newer version of borg backup which must have changed the way it stores files in the archive. I run the sync command:

rclone -v sync source dest

and I get lots of these errors:

Failed to copy: multipart upload create session failed: Error "file_size_limit_exceeded" (403): File size exceeds the folder owner's file size limit

What is your rclone version (output from rclone version)

rclone v1.48.0

• os/arch: linux/arm
  • go version: go1.12.6

Which OS you are using and how many bits (eg Windows 7, 64 bit)

Distributor ID: Raspbian
Description: Raspbian GNU/Linux 10 (buster)
Release: 10
Codename: buster

Which cloud storage system are you using? (eg Google Drive)

Box

The command you were trying to run (eg rclone copy /tmp remote:tmp)

rclone sync -v source dest

A log from the command with the -vv flag (eg output from rclone -vv copy /tmp remote:tmp)

Unsure how to do this?

Doesn't box.com have a limit of file size?

Are you going over those?

I have unlimited storage on this Box account. Unsure what the 250mg size refers to?

Unlimited is amount of storage you have if I'm reading that right, you still have a limit of file size so a file can't be over a certain size.

This shows the difference between overall storage size and per file size limits.

I personally don't use Box.com so I'm going off what I'm reading from their website.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.