Error 403: The download quota for this file has been exceeded

Hi All,

Recently trying to migrate from the cache(beta) to vfs and not entierly sure what's causing my issue here. But basically, within minutes i get the 403 quota error for my files. I have a Plex server pointing to my gdrive, and using the old cache method, i never hit any quota errors.

Here's my mount command:

rclone mount gdd: /home/usr/gdrive --allow-other --dir-cache-time 1000h --poll-interval 600s --umask 002 --cache-dir=/home/user/.cache/rclonevfs/ --vfs-cache-mode full --vfs-cache-max-size 50G --vfs-cache-max-age 336h --vfs-read-ahead 10G --buffer-size 256M -v

I'm using the rclone v1.53.1 on Ubuntu 18.04

my config for the relevant drive.

[gdd]
type = crypt
remote = dst003:
client_id = <removed>
client_secret = <removed>
filename_encryption = obfuscate
directory_name_encryption = true
password = <removed>

[dst003]
type = drive
scope = drive
service_account_file = <removed>
root_folder_id = <removed>
team_drive = <removed>

thx, not sure a log is needed, it's just thousands of 403 exceeded errors.

I think it's probably due to your settings.

You have a 50GB cache size and a 10GB read ahead and a huge buffer size.

I'd remove:

--vfs-read-ahead 10G --buffer-size 256M

The old cache worked on chunks.
The new system works on sparse files. If you stream a 60GB file, you need 60GB to store it. If you stream 5x60GB files at the same time, you really need 300GB of cache.

You need to have space to hold at least what you plan to stream concurrently as a baseline as it'll use that space. In reality, you probably want more so it takes advantage of the cache.

The new one uses a service account, which had some changes too so that might be an issue as well.

Did the old use a service account as well?

Hi,

Yes i've always used service accounts and team drive.

I'll look at your suggestions. Have to wait til tomorrow til the quota resets though heh

What's your average concurrent stream count * file size ?

I'd like to figure out if that was the cause or not.

I use a 500GB cache disk and haven't seen an issue since it was beta/released.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.