Dropbox - Too many requests or write operations. Trying again in 300 seconds

By entries are you talking about the attached remote storage?
"Rclone > Remote Storage > API > Command" like:
Rclone > Dropbox Av1 > API v1 > Copy
Rclone > Dropbox Av2 > API v2 > Copy
Rclone > Dropbox Av3 > API v3 > Delete

Could running two (or more) identical commands through different API's cause some conflict on the other end? If they attempt to copy the same file or something?

I mean, if you do something like rclone copy remote1: remote2: , between 2 dropbox space for exemple (or you can do that if you mass rename in the base32768 format,etc), then remote1 should have its own app id / secret, and remote2 too.

Or, when using multiples mounts for different usage, even if it points to the same storage space, create something like mount1 with its own api, mount2 with it own api, etc. In my case, I have an api for backing up/syncing my NAS to dropbox, one for plex, one for another computer, etc, so each activity doesn't cause problem for others.

Sorry for my english :confused:

1 Like

I still get the following error when I try to get the size of folders bigger than 30TB using rclone size DB:

NOTICE: too_many_requests/...: Too many requests or write operations. Trying again in 300 seconds

I get that error even if I'm not using any other rclone command at the same time.
It's a bit annoying becuase then I don't truly know how much is left to copy and I won't be able to check if everything was copied.

there should be a command rclone check
maybe test it

(I've seen the same in the progress, that the correct size of the folder is wrong in the logs, but I 'm not yet finished...)

Would

rclone size remote:path/to/folder --tpslimit 12 --tpslimit-burst 0

help?

I'll try that, thanks!

That worked! It took a bit too long but it worked at least

Yes because transactions per second is what dropbox watches. And in case of size command it can get very high even on slow network. The 12 value is not very scientific. You can try to increase it - there is no way to tell what is the best. Nobody really knows what is dropbox throttling algorithm and many things also depend on your network speed and latency. Experiment to find what works for you.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.