Dropbox token expiring how to create non expiring token

ok, this is good, that this might not be an issue with wackbox .

i see that you are using client id/secret:
how are you creating the dropbox apps?, please explain in detail?

is this what you are doing?

1. create app in dropbox
  2. create rclone remote for that app

and better to test using rclone lsd Dropbox3: -vv

So dropbox tells me that they don’t use long-term tokens almost ever. You have to forcibly tell the app in this case rclone that’s what you want.

Which we know that it can still refreshed with a short term token. Although they claim that it’s a problem in the app itself meaning rclone.

However I will go over how I create an app and I’ll write that down later today. At the moment I wanted to let you know I haven’t responded because I wanted to see if this worked but I got on my laptop and I’ve did the same configuration as I had been doing actually I had done it on my laptop and my desktop before. But this time I noticed that after a day it was still running so I went back and scrolled back into the terminal command line and noticed that this time rather than having the SL in front of the token it did not. I will post when I get a hold of my laptop later the actual screenshot of what I did and what it produced. Maybe you’ve been on the outside will look at this and see some thing I did differently. But from my perspective nothing changed. Now we’ve been a couple of days and we’re still up and running even after a few server crashes.

Yes I spoke too soon. The server crashed and so it would not reload the token after that I had to go back in and redo the dropbox again and now the same configuration that I was using I get this.

ilovemymac@ariel ~/rclone-v1.57.0-linux-amd64 $ ./rclone mount --daemon --daemon-timeout=5m --dir-cache-time=64h --vfs-cache-mode=full --vfs-cache-max-age=6h Dropbox3: ~/files/ -vvv
2022/01/12 01:56:24 DEBUG : rclone: Version "v1.57.0" starting with parameters ["./rclone" "mount" "--daemon" "--daemon-timeout=5m" "--dir-cache-time=64h" "--vfs-cache-mode=full" "--vfs-cache-max-age=6h" "Dropbox3:" "/home/ilovemymac/files/" "-vvv"]
2022/01/12 01:56:24 DEBUG : Creating backend with remote "Dropbox3:"
2022/01/12 01:56:24 DEBUG : Using config file from "/home/ilovemymac/.config/rclone/rclone.conf"
2022/01/12 01:57:24 DEBUG : Daemon timed out. Terminating daemon pid 93626
2022/01/12 01:57:24 Fatal error: mount not ready

It works if I take out the --Daemon but then if I lose internet or shut the computer it quits.

Have you tried running it in a screen so you don't have to keep the console on? That is how I am running it without the daemon

It worked the other day with it so I can't figure out why I can't do it now. And yea I do that but the problem is it doesnt stay. Every time that Plex crashes (which is allot or I can't run sonarr which is stupid that they can't run together) Then I have to start all over again its a pain. But its bugging me that just the other day I had this all working then the server crashed and now nothing.

weird. I am on whatbox too (you might remember me from the other thread). I run plex, 2 sonarr instances, 2 radarr instances, gdrive mount, dropbox mount, plus others. All working fine without crashing.

are you force unmounting by running a fusermount -uz [PATH TO YOU MOUNT]?

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.