--drive-chunk-size question

Hello,

I've a question about --drive-chunk-size. It's working great, and I see the speedup using it when uploading to gdrive, no problems here.

My situation is : NAS<=>PC with Rclone<=>gdrive. (I backup my nas to gdrive, encrypted). I'm using --drive-chunk-size 256M.

When the feature was added to rclone, I'm pretty sure my PC kind of "cached" 256Mxnumber of transfer Mo of data (so around 1go) before sending it. I saw that in the task monitor, and my nas network interface, I had some "burst" to fill the the chunck size, then nothing until everything was uploaded, then a burst again, etc.

Now, it seems that it's not working like that anymore ? On big transfert, I limit the speed to 8.5M, so i don't hit the 750gb/days limit. The speed limit is enforced, but I see that my NAS is uploading at a constant 8.5m too (to my pc which send the data to gdrive), and there is not burst anymore. Is this new way of working normal ? Really sorry about my english, it's not my native language...

Thx you :slight_smile:

Yes rclone now tries to do the caching of the 256M chunk before doing the bandwidth limiting do you get smooth stats and bandwidth limiting.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.