DragonFly build fails

I’m trying to build rclone on DragonflyBSD 5.5 and I get these fatal errors:

% go build

github.com/ncw/rclone/vendor/github.com/Azure/azure-storage-blob-go/azblob

vendor/github.com/Azure/azure-storage-blob-go/azblob/highlevel.go:144:7: undefined: mmf
vendor/github.com/Azure/azure-storage-blob-go/azblob/highlevel.go:146:12: undefined: newMMF
vendor/github.com/Azure/azure-storage-blob-go/azblob/highlevel.go:272:13: undefined: newMMF

I suspect that for some reason it’s not building the go file that defines these functions. I tried this with release tag v1.46.

Forgot to say, I’m using go 1.12

What’s the reason you are building it and not using a binary?

Fuse on FreeBSD is pretty much not working for me as there are a number of things that just don’t work. I did try and moved back to Linux pretty fast.

There’s no binary available for Dragonfly.

Oh, I see now as I thought it was FreeBSD compatible, but doesn’t really seem to be.

Totally not FBSD compatible as far as binaries go. I wish it was because it would make life so much easier.

Is there a way to detach azure from the build? I don’t need it.

I was able to make this build successfully by adding “dragonfly” to the // +build line at the top of azblob/zc_mmf_unix.go. So I guess this solves my problem, but it looks like this is really a bug report for the Microsoft Azure team.

Well done! You can detatch azure from the build by commenting it out in fs/all/all.go.

A bug report to the azure team will get it fixed quite soon - I’ve found them to very responsive.

That was fast. The Azure team just put out azure-storage-blob-go v0.6.0 with this change included.

I had a look at the release - that is slightly more code than I want to pull in just before an rclone release. However I’ll update all the dependencies after the rclone release (which should be at the weekend).

That sounds good, thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.