Download a big folder into a smallers disk

I have on google drive a folder with 40 tb, its all encrypted, and I want to download to my local disk. Problem is my disk are smaller than 10 tb each, so I want to know if its any way rclone could check the files availables into two or more disk and download the rest

Thanks

You could do something using rclone union:

https://rclone.org/union/

Combine the disks locally and use a free space policy to sprinkle across the various disks.

You can also script download but I'm not sure what OS so there might be some other options as well.

So to mount the union the command I have to choose only the union name right?

That's correct.

Might be some better options but I don't know what OS you are using.

Im on windows 10. I dont know how to make a local remote on another disk.

[local]
type = local

[localencriptado]
type = crypt
remote = local:/googledrive/local

This load the local folder of the disk with rclone, but how i make a local remote on another disk?

You'd make a union remote, pick your policy and just add in the all the drive letters.

[union]
type = union
remotes = D: E: F: G: H:

Something along those lines.

[union]
type = union
remotes = V:googledrive/local E:googledrive/local

[unionc]
type = crypt
remote = union:

Im using those. If i mount the union it showes me the two drives with the encrypted files, but if i mount unionc i see only the V drive with the unecrypted files, I dont see the E drive who has an only file that is not encrypted

Can you share your mount command? A debug log as well as to what you are seeing?

rclone mount --vfs-cache-mode writes --allow-other unionc: y:

2021/11/07 17:36:52 NOTICE: --allow-other flag does nothing on Windows
2021/11/07 17:36:52 INFO : Encrypted drive 'unionc:': poll-interval is not supported by this remote
2021/11/07 17:36:52 INFO : vfs cache: cleaned: objects 0 (was 0) in use 0, to upload 0, uploading 0, total size 0 (was 0)
2021/11/07 17:36:52 ERROR : Encrypted drive 'unionc:': Statfs failed: this usage field is not supported
The service rclone has been started.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.