Doubts about the union

rclone v1.55.1
ubuntu 20.04 lts server
google cloud storage

doubts about the union.

can I rclone mount a union?
can I make a union of local drive and and a remote backend?
how could I set action, create to all disks but even first on local drive. and the search on the first find but always try local drive first.

Yes

Yes

So create the file on local disk and remote but search first on local drive?

Something like this maybe?

[uniontest]
type = union
upstreams = remote: /path/to/local
action_policy = all
create_policy = all
search_policy = ff
1 Like

thank a lot!

"Act on the first one found, by the time upstreams reply, where the relative path exists."

what means "by the time upstreams reply"? how do I now will it be first find on local disk?

using a rcloune mount with this union (local and remote) if a create (all) on remote fail because lost internet connectivity... will rclone be careful and send it again?

If it helps. I was able to eliminate mergerfs from animosity's setup and achieve the same thing with rclone union. Only difference was dir-cache-time should be set to 1m or the default for Arr to see the files (unless you download into the mount instead of directly into the local folder like I do)

1 Like

another question. the vfs cache when mount is created for both remote and local?

"Act on the first one found, by the time upstreams reply, where the relative path exists."

what means "by the time upstreams reply"? how do I now will it be first find on local disk?

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.