Does it work with G Drive free account?

I am testing RClone.
I created a remote with client_id, client_secret and a json file. Scope is ‘drive’ and no restriction on the Api key.
All seem ok, created a Folder remote:Test
Uploaded files

But i can not see the folder nor the file in the G Drive Folder or Computers.
The Computers folder is empty, i never used it.

What a i missing?
Please could you help a neebee

Rclone lsl remote:test

And how do you know it uploaded? Have a log file?

$ ./rclone ls remote:
  1560010 Getting started
  1390098 Test/images-002.png
  1256872 Test/images-000.png
  1317492 Test/images-001.png

Logs showing that copy has succeed.
Free space (15Gb free plan) was told 15 by ‘about’ command before the copy and correctly decreased BUT there was not 15Gb free, GMail and other GDrive data already taking space…

Note that i use the ‘To Go’ binary of RClone. The Ubuntu packaged one cannot go without in-browser authentication. Whenever i choose n or N, it goes to browser auth.:

Remote config
Use auto config?
 * Say Y if not sure
 * Say N if you are working on a remote or headless machine or Y didn't work
y) Yes
n) No
y/n> N
If your browser doesn't open automatically go to the following link: https://accounts.google.com/o/oauth2/auth?client_id=[edited]
Enter verification code>

Headless means, you have to copy and paste the link into a working browser(like the on you are posting with now) so you can auth, get the token and copy it back into your headless window.

Ok thank you.
Only Token authentication works.
No way with the OAuth service account json File

So i got the token with RClone on a desktop Ubuntu and written a rclone.conf file on a remote headless Centos. And its ok.

The token seems to be temporary? Is there any need to refresh it ? How?

Token refreshes automatically.

Do you have a question on the service json auth or headless auth or what as I’m not following what you are asking as you keep changing things up.

Service accounts have their own process to authorize / setup:

https://rclone.org/drive/#service-account-support

Ok now i understand : with service account, it is required to validate the ‘drive’ use with too much constraints…

Thank you a lot for your information.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.