Docker Volume Plugin - SFTP sftp-key-file location

What is the problem you are having with rclone?

I would like to use the Docker Volume Plugin highlighted here to mount a remote server within my docker environments and this seemed like a nice way of doing it.

I was going through this page here: Docker Volume Plugin and looking at the first SFTP option. My SFTP server only allows key based authentication so I replaced the sftp-pass option with sftp-key-file and the path to my key file.

docker volume create firstvolume -d rclone -o type=sftp -o sftp-host=hostname -o sftp-user=username -o sftp-key-file=path.key -o sftp-port=42822 -o allow-other=true

However, I'm receiving the error:

Error response from daemon: create firstvolume: VolumeDriver.Create: failed to read private key file: open blair-20160411.key: no such file or directory

I've tried changing the location into various areas, /tmp, different home, tried changing the permissions on the file over to 777 just in case.

Run the command 'rclone version' and share the full output of the command.

docker plugin install rclone/docker-volume-rclone:amd64 args="-v" --alias rclone --grant-all-permissions

From today: rclone:latest

Which cloud storage system are you using? (eg Google Drive)

SFTP

This has come up on the forum before - you'll find it with searching I think.

I can't remember the solution exactly but the volume plugins run as a docker instance and can have mounts I think, so you'll need to mount the file into the plugin.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.