Disk space problem

What is the problem you are having with rclone?

i have a vps with small disk(7G left). so i mount two google drive ,but strange, when i sync the two google drive, failed for full disk space, try the command" rsync/rclone sync/ cp), the same result. i can see no space left in local disk (df -h) and /tmp/rclone/vfs occupied more space.
I use aria2 to download a big file(eg,10G), set the download-dir to google drive mount point, and get the same problem, my local disk is full because /tmp/rclone/vfs or ~/.cache/rclone
i try the flags "--cache-chunk-total-size 5G --vfs-cache-max-size 3G" ,but no useful.
Did i do something wrong?

Run the command 'rclone version' and share the full output of the command.

rclone v1.58.1

• os/version: debian 11.0 (64 bit)
  • os/kernel: 5.10.0-8-amd64 (x86_64)
  • os/type: linux
  • os/arch: amd64
  • go/version: go1.17.9
  • go/linking: static
  • go/tags: none

Which cloud storage system are you using? (eg Google Drive)

Google Drive

The command you were trying to run (eg rclone copy /tmp remote:tmp)

Paste command here

rclone mount fcgnpftc: /mnt/gdrive --allow-other --allow-non-empty --cache-chunk-total-size 5G --vfs-cache-max-size 3G --vfs-cache-mode writes --transfers 2

rclone mount ftcce: /mnt/gdrive2 --allow-other --allow-non-empty --cache-chunk-total-size 5G --vfs-cache-max-size 3G --vfs-cache-mode writes --transfers 2

rclone sync /mnt/gdrive/ /mnt/gdrive2

aria2c --dir=/mnt/gdrive http://xxxx.zip

The rclone config contents with secrets removed.

Paste config here

[fcgnpftc]
type = drive
client_id =.apps.googleusercontent.com
client_secret =

scope = drive
root_folder_id =
token = {"access_token":""}
team_drive =

[ftcce]
type = drive
client_id =* .apps.googleusercontent.com
client_secret = 9b4YQ
scope = drive
root_folder_id =
token = {"access_token":"
"}
team_drive = *

A log from the command with the -vv flag

Paste  log here

You don't need to mount to sync between two remotes.

Just

rclone copy remote1: remote2:

Based on which ever direction you want.

If you mount, you need disk space for the biggest file so having a 10G file won't work as you'll run out of space as you'd see in the mount logs.

thank you very much! let me try “rclone copy”

and how to solve the aria2 download problem,why donot they transfer data to google drive directly?

No idea what aria2 is or what you are trying to accomplish.

You used vfs-cache-mode writes so it writes it locally as that is what you asked rclone to do.

If you need to download a big file, you need enough space to store and copy/move it to your remote.

thanks a lot! " rclone copy remote1: remote2:" work well, it does not use the local disk ,very good.
aria2 is a good download tools, i have set the download dir :/mnt/gdrive (where the googe drive mount), but it seem download to /tmp/rclone/vfs first , then copy to /mnt/gdrive ?

As I said above:

thanks for your advice!  i change vfs-cache-mode off (directly read and write),but google drive does not support. once start the aria2 and get error!

It's not a rclone or Google drive issue.

The application you are using (aria2) would be the cause in how it writes files.

A log file would show the error as the application is writing in a way that needs a cache mode.

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.