Didn't find section in config

What is the problem you are having with rclone? error on Sync command below

Was running previously - 3-4 weeks ago - have reconnected, have updated and have deleted and recreated the GooglePhotos remote - called All-Pics

I now get this error - Failed to create file system for "E:\\AllOurMedia\\3 Our Albums\\All Pics": didn't find section in config file

Dont understand where the "\\" comes from

What is your rclone version (output from rclone version)

rclone v1.53.3

• os/arch: linux/amd64
  • go version: go1.15.5

Which OS you are using and how many bits (eg Windows 7, 64 bit)

Windows 10 64 bit

Which cloud storage system are you using? (eg Google Drive)

Google Photos

The rclone config contents with secrets removed.

rclone config show

[Good]
type = google photos
token = {"access_token":"y}

[AllPicsAlbums]
type = google photos
token = {"access_token":"y...}

[NetaPics]
type = google photos

[RawPhotosG]
type = google photos

[All-Pics]
type = google photos

The command you were trying to run (eg rclone copy /tmp remote:tmp)

rclone sync "E:\AllOurMedia\3 Our Albums\All Pics" All-Pics:album -P

A log from the command with the -vv flag

2021/02/06 00:24:50 DEBUG : rclone: Version "v1.53.3" starting with parameters ["rclone" "sync" "E:\\AllOurMedia\\3 Our Albums\\All Pics" "All-Pics:album" "-vv"]
2021/02/06 00:24:50 DEBUG : Using config file from "/var/services/homes/Tony.Watkins/.config/rclone/rclone.conf"
2021/02/06 00:24:50 Failed to create file system for "E:\\AllOurMedia\\3 Our Albums\\All Pics": didn't find section in config file

The duplicated backquotes in Failed to create file system for "E:\\AllOurMedia\\3 Our Albums\\All Pics" are an artifact of the logging system - you can ignore them.

This appears to be looking for a remote called E: but I imagine that is a drive? Is E: OK?

Yeah - well i can see it in Windows land - can i access it from rClone to check

you can try using rclone ls and rclone lsd
rclone lsd E:\

Yeah - e:\ is a map the a NAS drive - cant think of what has changed - well maybe a few Windows updates/reboots
Got the same result when doing it just was not sure if it was the command or an error

rclone lsd E:\
>
2021/02/06 01:07:08 Failed to create file system for "E:": didn't find section in config file

rclone lsd \\Nas49\Files
2021/02/06 01:07:53 ERROR : : error listing: directory not found
2021/02/06 01:07:53 Failed to lsd with 2 errors: last error was: directory not found

Can read and write to the e: with several apps as e: and \NAS49\Files -

That is very strange!

Try using the UNC path

rclone lsd \\?\E:\

I'm not sure what is happening here! Does this work?

rclone lsd C:\

mmmm well sorted - thanks
i changed to this and it worked - just really confused how it ever worked last month...

rclone sync '/volume2/Files/AllOurMedia/3 Our Albums/All Pics' All-Pics:album -P

So sorry for wasting yr times

I think what happened was - originally i started with it running on Windows PC. Then moved to running it on the NAS - so very diferent
all my recorded commands from NAS sessions have the E:...

anyway - now learnt how little of linux i know

Very very confused

But all good now - thanks

Ah, that makes sense! I thought you were running it on Windows. On non Windows platforms E: will refer to a remote called E whereas on Windows it will refer to your E: drive. Unfortunate but usually not too confusing!

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.