Detected overridden config | Better way to upload to crypt?

just be sure to compare the exact same rclone command using the exact same set of files.

could be a cpu issue, as that command is copying from non-crypted remote to a crypted remote.

yup I am grabing same files: (both 5200rpm hdds) will name one a the other keep as b. (if the name doesn't mater, but it shouldn't aslong as its going to the same directory)

C:\Users\PC>curl ftp://speedtest:speedtest@ftp.otenet.gr/test10Gb.db --output x:/test10Gb.db 
&
shadows@shadowdrivevm:~$ wget ftp://speedtest:speedtest@ftp.otenet.gr/test10Gb.db

if you want to compare ftp, then create a rclone ftp remote.
and run the exact same command on both machines.

right. but it will be to google drive instead of an ftp remote.
ftp was just the link to the 10gb file

alright So I was right it was due to the ram.. its a lot faster, but moving it to 2cpu cores and 2gigs of real ram and 3gb swap partition made it alot faster (linux cvm). it is now over my 16c 32gb ram config (windows)
it does use a lot of cpu because it is re crypting the files by rclone touch (i presume) as its not downloading the files all the time or else my disk usage would be a lot higher.

This is the commands I used:
rclone --drive-impersonate email@domain.com move GSD:/ GMC:/ -L -P --ignore-case-sync --drive-server-side-across-configs --log-level DEBUG --log-file '.config/rclone/drive/DriveMergeCache.log'

rclone --drive-impersonate email@domain.com move GMC:/ 'GMDmedia:/Media Library/' -L -P --ignore-case-sync --log-level DEBUG --log-file '.config/rclone/drive/DriveMerge.log'

and its going at around 99mbs as the peak and settling at around 35mbs. which is great, even though speedtest-cli only shows upload at 587mbit's. It could be due to the command missing --drive-chunk-size 128m --buffer-size 16m

It's current speed is:

* S-Library/Shows/Shamel…REMUX.MPEG2.DD.2.0.mkv: 92% /1.743Gi, 5.923Mi/s, 22s
 * S-Library/Shows/Shamel…REMUX.MPEG2.DD.2.0.mkv: 88% /1.719Gi, 9.145Mi/s, 22s
 * S-Library/Shows/Shamel…REMUX.MPEG2.DD.2.0.mkv:  9% /1.728Gi, 7.285Mi/s, 3m39s
 * S-Library/Shows/Shamel…REMUX.MPEG2.DD.2.0.mkv:  9% /1.739Gi, 8.201Mi/s, 3m15s

So it is working great. after a few kinks of needing to give it sudo access and file permission setups.
should take around an hour or 2-3 to upload the 500gbs to the rclone probably due to it not having those commands in, as i know it makes a diference, just not sure how much it would make on a 2gb system. default is running at 238.1mbs system memory it hasn't moved past that so I'm guessing its capping itself at that.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.