Deleting files on mount with VFS

Regardless of a specific version, I have noticed that even though VFS cache is enabled (full), when I delete files in the filesystem, the feedback does not run async. Is this possible to set via a parameter? Because the system always waits for the feedback from the remote, deletions take an eternity.

/usr/bin/rclone rcd \
  --config=/home/<obfuscated>/.config/rclone/rclone.conf \
  --rc-addr localhost:5572 \
  --rc-user <obfuscated> \
  --rc-pass <obfuscated> \
  --rc-enable-metrics \
  --rc-web-gui \
  --rc-web-gui-no-open-browser \
  --rc-web-gui-update \
  --log-file /var/log/rclone/data.log \
  --tpslimit 15 \
  --tpslimit-burst 15 \
  --transfers 16 \
  --checkers 16 \
  --use-mmap \
  --timeout 15s \
  --buffer-size 256M \
  --dropbox-batch-mode async

/usr/bin/rclone rc --rc-user <obfuscated> --rc-pass <obfuscated> mount/mount fs=dbx_fbx_storage_combined: mountPoint=/mnt/cloud/Data vfsOpt='{"CacheMode": 3, "CacheMaxAge": 60000000000, "WriteBack": 120000000000, "ChunkSize": "512M"}' mountOpt='{"AllowNonEmpty": true, "AllowOther": true,"AttrTimeout": 600000000000,"DirCacheTime": 86400000000000}'

Thank you in advance for your support. :pray:

No, there isn't a way to do that as that would lead to some unique situations.

In what ways would that be problematic? Would like to understand.

If you have a delete and it doesn't work on the backend for whatever reason, you'd be out of sync with the backend.

I delete a file, it fails for whatever reason, but I've already moved on and someone changes the file somewhere else, I would have a collision on what to do and figure out if I'm missing something.

You can always submit jobs async via remote control as well, but that wouldn't work on a mount.

Those jobs would run in the background until completion.

1 Like

Okay, I understand that, of course. There needs to be more logic in the Core to deal with such situations/behavior before you would allow something like that to happen, of course. Thanks for the detailed explanation!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.