Date format in serve http

hi,

the latest version of rclone (below for more specific) shows the date in MM/DD/YYYY format like screenshow below

rclone v1.61.1
- os/version: ubuntu 22.04 (64 bit)
- os/kernel: 5.15.0-1013-oracle (aarch64)
- os/type: linux
- os/arch: arm64
- go/version: go1.19.4
- go/linking: static
- go/tags: none

but i remember it used to show YYYY/MM/DD and it's confortable to me, so i want to change it what it were
is that possible?

thanks

I had a look through old versions and since 1.51 it has shown dates in that way. That is when we moved to a nice template for the html.

If you look in the HTML you'll see that the dates are served in YYYY-MM-DD format, it is the pretty javascript that is turning it into that other format.

Reading the code (we didn't write this code, we took it from caddy (with permission!)) I think it should be showing you the datetimes appropriately for your locale using Date.prototype.toLocaleString() - JavaScript | MDN

So you should be able to configure your browser to show you the date times how you want them.

That might be why you remember them being YYYY/MM/DD before - maybe your browser was configured differently?

<time datetime="2022-05-20 07:35:35.160381385 &#43;0000 UTC">2022-05-20 07:35:35.160381385 &#43;0000 UTC</time>

that looks correct, rclone is serving date and time in ISO format

thank you, i'll be adjusting settings in browser

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.