Copying Files Via Rclone Mount

Glad to hear :sweat_smile:

I use the Microsoft OneDrive client on Windows and only use rclone mount now and then to access my OneDrive on Linux, so I really can't comment on your experiences.

I do see similar experiences once in a while in the forum, but the vast majority of users seem happy. I think part of the trick is to disable any display of previews and thumbnails (of photos, videos etc.) in Windows Explorer - as they probably require a download/scan of the file to be generated. The same would apply to meta data such as "date taken". Try searching the forum for tips around this.

Is your WinFSP up-to date?

rclone should automaticly restart any pending uploads when the mount is restarted.

No, but check my proposal at the end - specifically the PowerShell command to check current status.

This isn't my experience from Linux, nor the many posts I have seen in this forum.

I suggest you try my proposal at the end and then checks the log the next time it happens. If unable to troubleshoot yourself, then try replicating with debug logging -vv and then make a new support post with the debug log and all the other requested information.

I use rclone copy/sync on the command line (or from automated PowerShell scripts).

Perhaps @asdffdsa has some tips.

I think we discussed this a year ago; no changes since as far as I can see:

Here is my proposal for an all-round mount based on my experiences mounting OneDrive on Linux:

rclone mount onedrive: o: --vfs-cache-mode=full --vfs-cache-max-size=100G --vfs-cache-max-age=720h --log-file=onedrive_mount.log --log-level=INFO --stats=1m

I use --vfs-cache-mode=full --vfs-cache-max-size=100G --vfs-cache-max-age=720h to get quick access to the most frequently used files, that is my "working set". I keep the files used in the past month up to a maximum of 100G.

I use --log-file=onedrive_mount.log --log-level=INFO --stats=1m to record the activities of the mount. This is very useful to understand, tune and troubleshoot. The current status can quickly be checked with this PowerShell command: Get-Content onedrive_mount.log -Tail 10 -Wait

You probably want to add --dir-perms and --file-perms to make it fit your setup and usage.