Copy/sync Multiple Directories from same drive with 1 rclone command. Filters not applying

Alright so one caviot i found was it trying to sync documents (the link) becasue i moved the doc folders to x:documents but it still tries to do it and throws out:

2020/09/19 16:27:44 ERROR : Encrypted drive 'Backup:/Windows-10/C/': not deleting files as there were IO errors
2020/09/19 16:27:44 ERROR : Encrypted drive 'Backup:/Windows-10/C/': not deleting directories as there were IO errors
2020/09/19 16:27:44 ERROR : Attempt 1/3 failed with 2 errors and: not deleting files as there were IO errors
2020/09/19 16:27:45 ERROR : Users/UwU/My Documents: Listing error: symlink: CreateFile \\?\c:\Users\UwU\My Documents: The system cannot find the file specified.
2020/09/19 16:32:10 ERROR : Encrypted drive 'Backup:/Windows-10/C/': not deleting files as there were IO errors
2020/09/19 16:32:10 ERROR : Encrypted drive 'Backup:/Windows-10/C/': not deleting directories as there were IO errors
2020/09/19 16:32:10 ERROR : Attempt 2/3 failed with 2 errors and: not deleting files as there were IO errors
2020/09/19 16:32:11 ERROR : Users/UwU/My Documents: Listing error: symlink: CreateFile \\?\c:\Users\UwU\My Documents: The system cannot find the file specified.
2020/09/19 16:36:21 ERROR : Encrypted drive 'Backup:/Windows-10/C/': not deleting files as there were IO errors
2020/09/19 16:36:21 ERROR : Encrypted drive 'Backup:/Windows-10/C/': not deleting directories as there were IO errors
2020/09/19 16:36:21 ERROR : Attempt 3/3 failed with 2 errors and: not deleting files as there were IO errors
2020/09/19 16:36:21 Failed to sync with 2 errors: last error was: not deleting files as there were IO errors

not sure if there's a work around except for --ignore-errors but i looked at a post and you recommend leaving it off. @asdffdsa

--cache-tmp-wait-time 5s --cache-tmp-wait-time 7s
that flags does nothing for copy/move/sync so you can remove it.
also, you seem to be using it twice in one command.

imho, any backup solution that uses --ignore-errors, is not a solution.

if you are using your script to backup your computer, then another problem is there is no error detection.
how will you know if rclone could not copy file/s or crashed with a hard error?
when i use rclone, i parse the log files for errors and use exits codes to detect failures.

for what it is worth, i do not find much value is using rclone to copy the c: drive.
if for some reason, the windows os gets corrupted, those backups files will not help to fix the computer boot again, you would need to reinstall windows and all apps.
i use veeam to backup c: drive for to enable a bare-metal-recovery backup to a local backup server.
then i use rclone to copy those files to cloud.
if a windows update kills the os, or i get hit with ransomware, in a few minutes i can revert backup in time.

i seemed to fix it. and oh im backing up only config files from c drive so when i reinstall windows 10 I don't have to redownload and re-configure the config files. (saving settings i guess you could call it that.) i fixed the errors it was in the directory script pointing at public documents witch had nothing in them so removing that line in the --include-from fixed it.

i automatically reinstall all apps again, there just backed up for configuration purposes, and around 3-5gbs of files like Reshade settings and other ini files that take an hour or more to reconfigure and struggle to remember what the binds were etc.

I threw rclone onto a flash drive with the conf file encrypted with a restore script on it, to pull down config files from either my local drive, or from the gdrive if for whatever reason my backup drive is corrupted.

non-local: (incase 4tb drive is corrupted)

Pushd "F:\rclone\Users\UwU.rclone"
rclone copy Backup:\Windows-10\C c:\ -L -P -q --copy-links --ignore-case --log-file "F:\rclone\Log Files\C-Drive-LocalRestore_Log.txt" --drive-chunk-size 128m --buffer-size 256m

local:

Pushd "F:\rclone\Users\UwU.rclone"
rclone copy "E:\Backup\C Drive" c:\ -L -P -q --copy-links --ignore-case --log-file "F:\rclone\Log Files\C-Drive-LocalRestore_Log.txt" --drive-chunk-size 128m --buffer-size 256m

good, as long as you have a plan.

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.