Copy from OneDrive into SFTP reducing the number of files

What is the problem you are having with rclone?

I have my files in OneDrive, but I want to backup them. For that I'm using a SFTP account that I have in a cloud provider with unlimited storage (I store my files there after encrypting them with rclone). The problem is that the SFTP has a file number limit: 262.000 files.

As I have tons of files in OneDrive, I have reached the limit in the SFTP (not because of storage, but because of the number of files).

1.- Is it possible to instruct rclone to package folders (or certain folders)? I don't need compression, just reducing the number of files. I would need something like TAR, for example.

I read Compress but it doesn't show an option to compress a folder, just individual files.

If rclone can't do this and I have to create a script with an intermediate step (that downloads the folder to my computer, packages it, and uploads it to SFTP) that would help too.

2.- And if that is possible, is rclone able to later not upload into the SFTP the folders that have been copied already (by recording which are the files already uploaded and not uploading them again)?

Thank you very much in advance!

Run the command 'rclone version' and share the full output of the command.

rclone v1.61.1

• os/version: darwin 13.0.1 (64 bit)
  • os/kernel: 22.1.0 (arm64)
  • os/type: darwin
  • os/arch: arm64
  • go/version: go1.19.4
  • go/linking: dynamic
  • go/tags: none

Which cloud storage system are you using? (eg Google Drive)

I'm copying from OneDrive into SFTP.
SFTP files are stored encrypted using rclone.

Nothing I'm aware of in rclone does it automatically.

Copy won't reupload identical files.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.