Copy data from an unencrypted GDrive remote to a crypt GDrive remote, while comparing files on both sides/looking for new files on rerun

What is the problem you are having with rclone?

I've tried this:
rclone copy unencrypted-TD:Media/TV encrypted-TD:Media/TV --transfers=4 -vP --config=D:\rclone.conf -vv

But it gives me: Failed to copy: failed to make directory: googleapi: Error 404: File not found: 0ER3f5n07GdLjRs9RWD., notFound

The way I've been doing it, I'm downloading to a local PC and then reuploading manually, which I understand is the only way as far as going from non-crypt to crypt goes, but I was hoping to be able to automate it.. The idea would be to keep it running until it finishes moving 100s of TB of storage from one remote to the other (even while the PC it's running on only has a 500GB SSD drive).
Also I'd like to be able to rerun it later when new files are added to the unencrypted GDrive, have it compare on both sides and only upload the newly added files to the crypt remote.

I know how to do this manually, but that's a pain!

Run the command 'rclone version' and share the full output of the command.

rclone v1.58.1

• os/version: ubuntu 18.04 (64 bit)
  • os/kernel: 5.4.0-109-generic (x86_64)
  • os/type: linux
  • os/arch: amd64
  • go/version: go1.17.9
  • go/linking: static
  • go/tags: none

Which cloud storage system are you using? (eg Google Drive)

Google Drive /Workspace Business - Using Team Drives/Shared Drives

The command you were trying to run (eg rclone copy /tmp remote:tmp)

Paste command here

The rclone config contents with secrets removed.

rclone copy unencrypted-TD:Media/TV encrypted-TD:Media/TV --transfers=4 -vP --drive-service-account-file=D:\sagens\222.json --config=D:\rclone.conf -vv

Paste config here

A log from the command with the -vv flag

Paste  log here

hello and welcome to the forum,

you can use/rent a free/cheap virtual machine from google and run rclone on that.
or a seedbox that does not charge for data transfer.

should be no need to use your local ssd drive.

just run rclone sync/copy whenever you need to.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.