Confused newbie

that looks good. rclone mount does not return to the command line, keeps running.

have you tried to look at the mount folder /home/hhh/mount

yes checked both jellyfin and plex and neither are showing the folders up at all

but can you see the folder, using linux commands or file manager, not plex, not jellyfin

not sure as im new to linux. using swizzin so far to get everything i needed. this is the last step of getting rclone to work on it. but not a clue

not a linux expert either.

try running rclone mount as root user.
then all process should see it

root@localhost:~# rclone mount
Usage:
rclone mount remote:path /path/to/mountpoint [flags]

Flags:
--allow-non-empty Allow mounting over a non-empty d irectory. Not supported on Windows.
--allow-other Allow access to other users. Not supported on Windows.
--allow-root Allow access to root user. Not su pported on Windows.
--async-read Use asynchronous reads. Not suppo rted on Windows. (default true)
--attr-timeout duration Time for which file/directory att ributes are cached. (default 1s)
--daemon Run mount as a daemon (background mode). Not supported on Windows.
--daemon-timeout duration Time limit for rclone to respond to kernel. Not supported on Windows.
--debug-fuse Debug the FUSE internals - needs -v.
--default-permissions Makes kernel enforce access contr ol based on the file mode. Not supported on Windows.
--dir-cache-time duration Time to cache directory entries f or. (default 5m0s)
--dir-perms FileMode Directory permissions (default 07 77)
--file-perms FileMode File permissions (default 0666)
--fuse-flag stringArray Flags or arguments to be passed d irect to libfuse/WinFsp. Repeat if required.
--gid uint32 Override the gid field set by the filesystem. Not supported on Windows.
-h, --help help for mount
--max-read-ahead SizeSuffix The number of bytes that can be p refetched for sequential reads. Not supported on Windows. (default 128k)
--network-mode Mount as remote network drive, in stead of fixed disk drive. Supported on Windows only
--no-checksum Don't compare checksums on up/dow nload.
--no-modtime Don't read/write the modification time (can speed things up).
--no-seek Don't allow seeking in files.
--noappledouble Ignore Apple Double (.) and .DS Store files. Supported on OSX only. (default true)
--noapplexattr Ignore all "com.apple.*" extended attributes. Supported on OSX only.
-o, --option stringArray Option for libfuse/WinFsp. Repeat if required.
--poll-interval duration Time to wait between polling for changes. Must be smaller than dir-cache-time. Only on supported remotes. Set to 0 to disable. (default 1m0s)
--read-only Mount read-only.
--uid uint32 Override the uid field set by the filesystem. Not supported on Windows.
--umask int Override the permission bits set by the filesystem. Not supported on Windows.
--vfs-cache-max-age duration Max age of objects in the cache. (default 1h0m0s)
--vfs-cache-max-size SizeSuffix Max total size of objects in the cache. (default off)
--vfs-cache-mode CacheMode Cache mode off|minimal|writes|ful l (default off)
--vfs-cache-poll-interval duration Interval to poll the cache for st ale objects. (default 1m0s)
--vfs-case-insensitive If a file name not found, find a case insensitive match.
--vfs-read-ahead SizeSuffix Extra read ahead over --buffer-si ze when using cache-mode full.
--vfs-read-chunk-size SizeSuffix Read the source objects in chunks . (default 128M)
--vfs-read-chunk-size-limit SizeSuffix If greater than --vfs-read-chunk- size, double the chunk size after each chunk read, until the limit is reached. ' off' is unlimited. (default off)
--vfs-read-wait duration Time to wait for in-sequence read before seeking. (default 20ms)
--vfs-write-back duration Time to writeback files after las t use when using cache. (default 5s)
--vfs-write-wait duration Time to wait for in-sequence writ e before giving error. (default 1s)
--volname string Set the volume name. Supported on Windows and OSX only.
--write-back-cache Makes kernel buffer writes before sending them to rclone. Without this, writethrough caching is used. Not support ed on Windows.

Use "rclone [command] --help" for more information about a command.
Use "rclone help flags" for to see the global flags.
Use "rclone help backends" for a list of supported services.
Command mount needs 2 arguments minimum: you provided 0 non flag arguments: []
root@localhost:~#

rclone mount is not valid, needs a remote like mega and a local path.

what happened to the command that was working?

which command none of them seem to be working?

This is why i gave up before with this as for some reason i can never get it to mount.

not sure why this is so difficult but i can never get it right.

maybe we need to start over and ill recreate the conf file and go from there

what is the output of rclone lsd mega:

1 2021-03-05 07:59:48 -1 Films
-1 2021-03-12 12:33:15 -1 Fitness
-1 2021-03-05 08:00:14 -1 Formula 1
-1 2021-03-05 08:07:14 -1 TV
-1 2021-03-11 19:01:01 -1 Torrents
-1 2021-03-05 08:00:14 -1 UFC
-1 2021-03-05 08:00:14 -1 Wrestling
-1 2021-01-28 21:38:26 -1 apks
-1 2021-01-10 17:26:39 -1 files

so the issue is not the config, but the command.

try to run this as root
rclone mount mega: /home/hhh/mount --vfs-cache-mode full

root@localhost:~# rclone mount mega: /home/hhh/mount --vfs-cache-mode full
2021/03/17 20:18:38 Fatal error: Directory is not empty: /home/hhh/mount If you want to mount it anyway use: --allow-non-empty option

make sure the folder is empty

dunno how to delete stuff inside there as i said this is brand new experience with linux

no disrepect,
if you do not know how to delete files from a folder,
then take some time, learn about linux and command line.

thats what i was doing from a fresh install. i wasnt expecting to having to delete folders and files on a fresh install. i appreciate the time you have given as well. googling now how to do stuff

gonna delete the folder instead and recreate it

thanks for your help. think im gonna bin this again because im following all the stuff i can google and it wont remove the directories

right run this command and nothing at all is happening. literally been sat inside
for 20 minutes and nothing has happened

That sounds like it's working.

While that command is running "and appearing to not do anything". Open a new terminal window and look inside that mounted folder.

ls /home/hhh/mount

It should list the files and folders that mega has.

This is only the first step, instead of running a mount command every time you'll be best off making a service file so it runs in the background. Or hell even screen would be better.

With all respect it sounds like you need to get a crash course in how to use linux first before tackling this. I get it there's a learning curve, but the problems you've been facing so far is the equivalent of struggling to right click with a mouse in windows. We all gotta start somewhere.

all the folders appear on the command you gave me above does that mean its now mounted?