Config saves crypt passcodes & no status shown

Hi guys,
quiet new to rclone. Still going through a few problems i am facing and i would like to share them with you to make the whole setup more clearer.
First of i noticed that the rclone config file store the passcodes with are used in order to use crypt. Dont you guys see it as a security risk? I guess the only way to work around that would be not saving that file and every startup set it up on my own. Am quiet interested of what you guys have to say to that.

I also noticed that when i run a copy command i do not get any information of the status and process. it does only stay blank and when its finished it starts a new line. I am not using any options what so ever. How can i enable them?

Last one: is the rclone copy process only running while the session is up? Meaning in order to keep it running in the background i either have to use a daemon or screen or similar?

Thank you guys for all your help and also a huge thanks to all the creators behind rclone.
Greetings,
Tom

Not really. I secure the server it resides on. If that is compromised then someone can read that data anyway.[quote=“Thomas126, post:1, topic:1621”]
I also noticed that when i run a copy command i do not get any information of the status and process. it does only stay blank and when its finished it starts a new line. I am not using any options what so ever.
[/quote]

Add a -v to the command line.

Yes. It needs to run for each sync. It isn’t continuous. When it syncs, it terminates.

Fast reply and great answers. Thank you ver much. One last thing i am curious about. When I want rclone to copy files over night. How can set a max time limit. E.g. via cron start a rclone copy command then let it run for 6hrs. Then kill proccess. Is there any easy way to achieve this?

On Linux you can use the timeout command…

timeout $val rclone…