[CLOSED] Sort by alphabetical order

Hi there!

I'm currently trying to make a function that lists all the files that will be transferred by rclone during a sync before actually doing them, just in case.

For the sake of readibility, I want the files to be listed in alphabetical order, but I can't get this to work. Here is my command:

rclone.exe sync <source> <dest> --progress --progress-terminal-title \
        --stats-file-name-length 0 --max-backlog "10000000" \
        --check-first --order-by "name" --transfers 1 \
        --create-empty-src-dirs ----track-renames --track-renames-strategy "leaf,size" \
        --filter "- System Volume Information/**" --filter "- \$RECYCLE.BIN/**" \
        --dry-run

But the files are not shown in alphabetical order ; in fact the order changes every single time I run the command.

I'm using rclone v1.55.1 on Windows 10.

Do you have any idea of what's causing this?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Ok so it seems I'm just dumb and couldn't read the documentation completely, by adding --checkers 1 it works perfectly fine.

Wouldn't it be a good idea to display a warning when --order-by is supplied but checkers > 1? It's really confusing to specify this argument and still get a somewhat random order.

EDIT: I take back what I said, it still isn't perfectly alphabetical :confused:

According to the docs it should work perfectly as I supply --check-first as well but this doesn't seem to do the job.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.