Checking for old files before copying

Hello. Im using rclone beta version 2019.11.01 and custom scripts on my unraid server. I have two scripts running at different times of the morning. One is my to backup my photos on unraid to my Raspberry Pi4 and the other my videos. The photos script runs fine every day so far but the videos one using the same script but obviously different paths has the following error..

allvideos/2011/iPhone 2011/iPhone 2011 (9).MOV
rsync: write failed on "/mnt/disks/YUMYUMPI_ALLVIDEOSBAK/allvideos/1999/Vicky New York Trip 1999/Vicky New York Trip 1999.mov": No space left on device (28)
rsync error: error in file IO (code 11) at receiver.c(374) [receiver=3.1.3]
Script Finished Aug 20, 2020 04:18.14

The script is as follows..

#!/bin/bash
echo "Please wait.. I am working here"
rsync -a -v /mnt/user/data/allvideos /mnt/disks/YUMYUMPI_ALLVIDEOSBAK/ --delete

It seems to be copying all the videos again rather than checking what's already there and only copying new files. I can add a photo file to my photos drive and that photos script will do a quick check of what's there and then proceed to copy that single photos folder. Is there some code that I can add to make this the same for the videos backup?? There is 320gb left on the video drive.

Thanks.

hello and welcome to the forum,

are you running rclone or rsync

if rclone, what version
run and post the output of rclone --version

Hi, thankyou for the welcome. The output from the command you gave me is in a screenshot. I'm on mobile device and couldn't copy and paste. We'll I've got two plugins installed in unraid, rclone and custom scripts, forgive me as I'm very new to this. rsync I use in the script.

Sorry, I've mentioned custom scripts, the add on is user scripts.

your posted command seems to be for rsync, not rclone?
is there a problem with your use of rclone?

when you posted, you were asked for information, can you supply it.

What is the problem you are having with rclone?

What is your rclone version (output from rclone version)

Which OS you are using and how many bits (eg Windows 7, 64 bit)

Which cloud storage system are you using? (eg Google Drive)

The command you were trying to run (eg rclone copy /tmp remote:tmp)

Paste command here

The rclone config contents with secrets removed.

Paste config here

A log from the command with the -vv flag

Paste  log here

I provided the information.. I sent a screenshot of the version using the command you gave me. I've mentioned I'm using unraid for OS. Yes there is a problem with my use of rclone, I seem to be getting mixed up with rclone and RSYNC. I successfully connected to my Google drive account using rclone. I'm trying to backup my unraid photos to my local raspberry pi but it seems I've used an rsync command as stated in the 1st post I made. Is rsync not part of rclone???

rsync is not part of RCLONE.
RCLONE is not part of rsync.

if you have a problem with rclone, please fill out the template from up above

1 Like

Nahh your ok. You seem to be getting a bit abrupt for my liking. Get off your high hoarse. People come here for help but get nothing but short abrupt answers. This post can be deleted by those that have the power. Good day.

really, meant no disrespect.
but you have not posted what the problem you are having with rclone

i posted the standard template, everybody fills out when they need help.
we need info so we can help you

if you do not want to fill out the standard template, that is ok.

can you share the problem with rclone?

Hi, I dont have a problem with rclone its rsync instead. I got mixed up that is all.

glad you got it figured out.
if, in the future, you need help with rclone, let us know.

It looks like that mount point filled up and ran out of disk space.

You'd have to free up some space on that volume if you want that rsync command to run.

Thanks for your reply. There is over 300gb spare. After going over and over what was going wrong it turns out that that video hdd had failed to mount in unraid so all is OK now. The command ran without problems. Again thanks.

The failed mount meant it was writing to your root volume and filled up which is why the lack of space error popped up.

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.