Can't connect to authentication server for Dropbox auth

I'm trying to create a new remote config for Dropbox, but the authentication link isn't working.

Originally, I was using the rclone Docker container, and kept getting connection reset errors, so in case it was a Docker networking issue I switched to installing it on my host instead.

Here is the console session:

$ rclone config create dropbox dropbox --config [snip]/rclone.conf -vv
2020/01/15 01:21:28 DEBUG : rclone: Version "v1.49.3-heads/v1.49.3-beta" starting with parameters ["./rclone" "config" "create" "dropbox" "dropbox" "--config" "[snip]/rclone.conf" "-vv"]
2020/01/15 01:21:28 NOTICE: Config file "[snip]/rclone.conf" not found - using defaults
Remote config
Use auto config?
 * Say Y if not sure
 * Say N if you are working on a remote or headless machine
Auto confirm is set: answering Yes, override by setting config parameter config_is_local=false
If your browser doesn't open automatically go to the following link: http://127.0.0.1:53682/auth
Waiting for code...
2020/01/15 01:21:28 DEBUG : Starting auth server on 127.0.0.1:53682

When I navigate to the localhost link, my browser is unable to connect. I even tried netstat -tapn as root, and grepped for both 53682 and rclone, with no results (before or after clicking the link), so it seems like the auth server isn't even started, despite the debug message.

Am I missing something, or is this a bug?

Can you try again with the release version v1.50.2?

How did you install rclone? That doesn't look like a standard install?

Weird. I downloaded the current .deb package from the downloads page (specifically, this link), and installed it from there. I'm pretty sure I don't have any other version of rclone on my system (aside from the Docker image).

I downloaded the zip file instead (this one), and that shows the correct version number, and it now works: the link now includes a state param, and it actually opens my browser automatically (which it wasn't doing before). Thanks!

I just checked the Docker image, and it was using the same version, but I did a docker pull just now, and it updated to v1.50.2, oops. :flushed:

So my only question now is: any idea why the .deb package hasn't been updated (and is mislabelled)?

Oops. I had forgotten that I had aliased rclone to a command to run the Docker image last time I was trying to set this up, and I somehow forgot to check that when I was troubleshooting it this time around. So the only issue here was that I hadn't updated the Docker image to latest. :flushed:

Thanks for the help though!

That makes sense, the version number looks like the ones in the docker builds :slight_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.