Can Rclone mount FTP servers as local drives without sync?

asdffdsa showed you how to make a basic batch, so now you can edit those to your need as long as you know what commands to use.

Note that you can also click .bat files in windows to have them run if you want to do it that way. So you can easily make a folder with a few scripts that do common tasks, like starting the mount, or uploading everything in C:\FTPuploads to the remote ect.

If you want help on more advanced scripting, feel free to ask
(but maybe make a new topic on that)

1 Like

Offtopic: Any particular reason you recommend using .cmd instead of .bat ? Some technical benefit?

well, it does not matter too much for basic batch files but there are subtle differences.

.bat files are for older versions of dos and windows that used command.com, such dos 6.22 and windows 95.
windows nt replaced command.com with cmd.exe and .cmd files.

but cmd.exe will run .bat files.

and nothing is off-topic for you

I am the master derailer...and OH SQUIRREL!!

and i am jojothehumanmonkey.
the half human, half monkey symbiote

How would I mount multiple FTP remote locations without having to run multiple .cmd files one by one?

about the ftp servers, are they different servers or the same server?
are the domain names different?

Yeah different domains, they're all using standard FTP protocols tho

great,

for each remote, create an new entry using, as we did for test:

remote config

for each remote, make sure you can do

rclone ls remotename:

then let me know the name of each remote: and I will help you create one .cmd file for all the mounts.

Ive already created the second remote location with remote config actually

And tried mounting it, worked perfectly on first try this time

what is the name of the second remote?

Survival

Extra characters cuz of anti spam

Just in case its useful, here are the full .cmd files (Both of which Ive already tested and works like a charm) (Hosted on openload, so I recommend using an adblocker):

https://openload.co/f/Dv01Kt-dXcc/Mount_Bedwars_FTP.cmd
https://openload.co/f/iYTO_GpxYBA/Mount_Survival_FTP.cmd

create a new file named mounts.cmd and paste the following text into it, save it and run it, just as we did yesterday for test.cmd. notice that i am using a command named start

start rclone mount Survival: X:
start rclone mount Bedwars: Z:

It works! :smiley: Thanks again, I dont have any other questions for now

sure, any time we can help.

Btw does this start the other .cmd files or does it just start the command prompts by itself/without the other .cmd files (So would it be able to run even if the othe .cmd files didnt exist)? Just curious

hey, @WillyWonka,

your original plan might have been to spend $39.00 on mountainduck.
perhaps, perchance, maybe thee can make a small donation to the rclone team.

lol, i am sure you have lots of chocolate and The Three Course Dinner Chewing Gum
but @ncw wife likes flowers.

https://rclone.org/donate/

to be clear, i am not part of the team and i would not profit from the donation.

This will start a new window for each. If it more convenient to have them all in one window (less windows may be nice but it can make it harder to look at the individual outputs) then you would do instead

start /b rclone mount Survival: X:
start /b rclone mount Bedwars: Z:

(start all in the same window - and maybe do more after in the same script if you need it, /b means "in background" so it does not lock the script from continuing).

Or you may want

start /min "Survival" rclone mount Survival: X:
start /min "Bedwars" rclone mount Bedwars: Z:

This wouls start new windows for each - but automatically minimize them t not be annoying. Also this labels each window so you can easily tell which window is for which mount.