Buffer Being Emptied on Pause

What is the problem you are having with rclone?

When streaming via Rclone's DLNA server onto a Samsung TV, pausing the video will fill the buffer but unpausing and pausing the second time will cause the buffer to empty and stop it buffering further. The buffer stays empty until the video is unpaused.

What is your rclone version (output from rclone version)

v1.55.1

Which OS you are using and how many bits (eg Windows 7, 64 bit)

Windows 10, 64-bit

Which cloud storage system are you using? (eg Google Drive)

Google Drive >> crypt >> union

The command you were trying to run (eg rclone copy /tmp remote:tmp)

--use-mmap serve dlna Vault: --buffer-size 1G --vfs-read-chunk-size 64M --vfs-read-chunk-size-limit 1G --dir-cache-time 240h --fast-list

The rclone config contents with secrets removed.

Paste config here

A log from the command with the -vv flag

https://pastebin.com/1j5Yb6ze

From the log, it's re-opening the file, which causes the buffer to drop which I imagine is how the player is asking for it.

You'd probably be better off using vfs cache mode full I'd imagine as that handles things like that much better.

Is there a way to config the buffer to hold the data for longer i.e. not dump the cache straight away?

I've looked into vfs and it's not suitable for my use-case. The drive is extremely slow and not that big either. If vfs could do a rolling sparse file and only have ~2GB on disk at any time, I could mount vfs in a ramdrive

No there is not.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.