Box - Starting a vfs full mount that has files already in it causes the mount to take forever to come up

What is the problem you are having with rclone?

With a mount with --vfs-cache-mode full and already existing files in the cache, the mount takes forever to come up as rclone seemingly waits multiple 5's of seconds between each file it processes while building the mount

Run the command 'rclone version' and share the full output of the command.

rclone v1.63.1

• os/version: Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 22H2 (64 bit)
  • os/kernel: 10.0.22621.2134 (x86_64)
  • os/type: windows
  • os/arch: amd64
  • go/version: go1.20.6
  • go/linking: static
  • go/tags: cmount

Which cloud storage system are you using? (eg Google Drive)

Box

The command you were trying to run (eg rclone copy /tmp remote:tmp)

rclone mount "boxenc:" X: -vvvvvvvv --vfs-cache-mode full --volname 'The Archive' --cache-dir 'Z:\rclone' --rc --rc-web-gui --rc-user=admin --rc-pass=admin --transfers 1 --rc-web-gui-update

The rclone config contents with secrets removed.

[box]
type = box
token = 

[boxenc]
type = crypt
remote = boxchunk:Encrypted
filename_encoding = base32768
directory_name_encryption = true
password =
password2 =

[boxchunk]
type = chunker
remote = box:
chunk_size = 4Gi
hash_type = sha1quick
fail_hard = true

A log from the command with the -vv flag

Log was too long, stored here https://gist.github.com/Masamune3210/6c912c0e793d34cb029a8858bbe52976

what do you mean by forever, as the log snippet is approx one minute?

did not see that in the the log snippet?

i would test a simple command and see if that works, then try to add more flags.
rclone mount boxenc: X: -vv --vfs-cache-mode full --cache-dir Z:\rclone

if you have a mount with files in the cache then kill the mount and then restart the mount.
rclone is not in a clean state and as a result, rclone has to recheck all the files in the cache against the files in box and that takes time. once that is done, the mount will start.

Same thing, but I think I know the cause. I forgot that I had gotten an email from box saying that my account was being temporarily limited due to too much bandwidth usage in a small time, so that's probably it. I figured it would be a API limitation, but I didn't expect it to manifest as taking 15ish seconds per query

ok, do you have a question about rclone?

I mean, I don't think I have a question about rclone in specific. I assume that rclone has to make an API query for each file in the cache to determine if the filesize, name, location, and mod/create date are correct. If my API access is being temporarily slowed, that would pretty much explain everything.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.