Box.com file ID

Hello all, I just started playing around with the box.com cli which has a lot of capabilities - https://github.com/box/boxcli#getting-started

unfortunately as usual everything starts from you knowing the fileID of the file you want to work with, obviously rclone abstracts this to the path and can even interact at a lower level with the link command - wondering if there is a way currently to pull a file ID if a box path is specified somehow

ADDENDUM: looking through --dump bodies it appears rclone is the same thing I’ve done in the past, which is basically get a list of items in a folder and look for the file name based on the path - so I guess wondering if there is a consistant combo of debug log that would let me get a file id easily or it’s a feature request :wink:

ADDEMDUM 2: rclone lsf - 2019/03/02 17:04:18 Can’t limit to single files when using filters:
(when pointing at a single file)

ADDENDUM 3: looks like lsjson shows every ID in a path so that’s easy enough to parse :slight_smile:

thanks

You should be able to list the IDs with either lsf or lsjson.

What was your command line here?

1 Like

Yes lsjson works like a champ, i was doing lsjson/lsf with a full box:/path/file instead of folder

Knowing how their API works this makes sense

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.