Best Option for Full Upload/Download Automation?

Hello all Ive been messing around with RClone on my own and in my research I have found many scripts and options for what people claim are the best options for intigrating Rclone/GoogleDrive/Plex. I has even seen a few scripts stating that the rclone mount option is much slower than the rclone copy/move options.

With all that said I figured I would come over to the place the application was made to try and solve this once and for all.
What is the best method for integrating Rclone for both screaming with plex as well as uploading downloads to Google Drive?

Here are the scripts Im currently running.

crontab -e
#load googledrive
@reboot rclone mount gcrypt: ~/mnt/gdrive --allow-other --allow-non-empty --cache-db-purge --buffer-size 256M --dir-cache-time 72h --drive-chunk-size 32M --timeout 1h --vf$
#start radarr sonarr nzbget
@reboot bash /media/start.py
@reboot mono /opt/Radarr/Radarr.exe
@reboot mono /opt/NzbDrone/NzbDrone.exe

I noticed my connection for uploading was not good on the mount (about 9-10MB/s) so I went and found a script to run once radarr and sonarr were done with the renaming of files as shown below.

#!/bin/sh

echo "Uploading to GDrive"

rclone move /root/downloads/completed/TVShows gdrive:downloads/complete/TVShows/ --drive-chunk-size=128M --checkers 10 --transfers 8 --tpslimit 10 --max-transfer 750G --fast-list

exit

This gets me to about 70MB/s upload.

I feel there must be a better way to do this as the triggering on Sonarr is not the best compared to Radarr for post processing. and when these do not run as intended(which can happen when theres a very large library that its looking though). The issue with doing it this way is that If I scan for missing content it will look at the folder path that I gave it for the renamed which is then moved to Gdrive and content and will be pulled fir download again.

Is there a better way of doing this?

Animosity runs a very similar setup to your and is an experienced rclone veteran.
He has a big old thread dedicated to this whole topic where he also shares the details of his whole setup.
I would say that is the natural place to begin and I know for a fact that many if not most of the problems you bring up here, Animosity has already solved for his use:

I could elaborate on details, but it's better you come back here once you have more pointed questions that you don't feel have already been answered - unless you prefer to just talk in that thread that is...

1 Like

Thats what I was looking for. Ill have to review that in detail. If I have any issues or questions I can message Animosity to for fine tuning. Its appreciated!

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.