Best mount settings for streaming ( Plex )

Its working from 2 of my server but failing on one hosted in Amsterdam.

Do you receive the same ‘error’ as I am getting?

rclone lsd gdrive: -v
2017/05/03 20:54:00 INFO : Google drive root ‘’: Modify window is 1ms
2017/05/03 20:57:05 couldn’t list directory: googleapi: Error 500: Internal Error, internalError

2017/05/03 21:01:40 INFO : Google drive root ‘’: Modify window is 1ms
-1 2017-04-28 20:35:05 -1 Media
Looks I am fine …

@Ajki Any idea on the Plexdrive mount error I am getting?

(1:506)# rclone lsd drive: -v
2017/05/03 15:01:48 INFO : Google drive root ‘’: Modify window is 1ms
-1 2017-03-10 20:31:32 -1 files

But I still cant access anything.

Let not go offtopic, post your errors and findings here: 1st ACD now GDRIVE -> googleapi: Error 500: Internal Error, internalError

1 Like

ya thats the error I’m getting with “plexdrive”

Gave this a shot and it looks very promising. I had no issues setting it up and getting it connected. At this point, without a lot of changes to my system setup, though, I can’t actually use it without “allow other” functionality (I have several accounts that will need access). Obviously, this is the first release and its more functional than most tools out there so I have to say I’m pleasantly impressed. It scanned and cataloged my 3 TB drive in a couple minutes. Subsequent mounts were near-instantly ready.

One other “nice to have” would be to easily use it with multiple accounts (say, two Google drives with different credentials). I think that you can do this now pointing it to different configuration paths.

If the transport message occurrs it could be that the target folder is not mountable. Try to unmount it first and the restart plexdrive.

As you already mentioned, this should already work using different temp/config directories.

Implemented and released just for you :wink:
https://github.com/dweidenfeld/plexdrive/releases/tag/1.1.0

By gum, that works! Do you want future comments directed here or is there another location that works better for you?

did you just use it by “plexdrive -allow-other ./mnt/” ?

It was just a private project by now. I think the best way would be if you could open GitHub issues for questions etc.

./plexdrive -fuse-options allow_other ./mnt/

The target dir is not mounted. It gives me this ‘error’ on any location I choose or create.

Is there any logging?

You can use the log-level parameter, e.g.
./plexdrive -log-level 3 ./mnt

It works now… the google drive API was disabled :wink:

Mount went okay, but I think it’s taking forever to catalog the 35TB of data. The directory listings are so slow it’s still unusable. It’s been 12+ hours, and still counting. Is this what you would consider normal behavior?
Edit: I mounted with the new release, and on my backup GDrive account, it was fast… like woah fast… like I didn’t even think my network was this fast fast. If this is what we can expect from PlexDrive, I think we have a winner. please, Please, PLEASE, PLEASE!!! get some of your code into rclone… that or adopt the rclone crypt code into your own.

@xyber411

I think it’s kind of depend on your connection and your setup too, I had 17000+ file for TV Show (236 show) and it scan and analysis them in 7h30m

PS. Also keep in mind, he mentioned that he reduce the performance of scanning so we don’t get ban from Google.

Yah, considering my Gb fiber, I’d be surprised if others experienced the same, but it still speaks wonders for the current state of his program. When I double clicked on the video file, it opened in VLC and was playing within half a second. I wouldn’t have expected responsiveness like that from my own local NAS.

The only issue that i have seen from this awesome tool is that the mount is RO. So if Sonarr goes to replace an episode (pointed to my fuse directory, that has the mounted plexdrive tool) it fails and does not replace it. You would need to manually remove the file from the google drive and then have sonarr replace. Correct me if i am wrong @dweidenfeld but you default the mounted drive to be RO as another measure to prevent API ban?