Another Rclone Gdrive Mount Thread

Sure, I’m just sharing the settings that I use and that empirically work for me.
Best practice is difficult with so many different system configurations, geographic separation, rclone versions, undocumented tweaks on Google’s end, etc. I happen to be able to see a Google data center from where I’m sitting and I coordinate three machines across two different countries, all with different purposes. Other people will have other circumstances and, hey, maybe my exact settings will work best for them—maybe not.

My sweet spot is best average performance with a very heterogeneous set of files that varies wildly between batches and they are delivered to multiple endpoints. For me, zeroing out 403s would not necessarily improve overall performance, but it would require writing separate functions for each specific case, which adds complexity and is error-prone.

Gent thanks for the help up to this point

I did not realize that Fuse would affect seeking.

The rclone copy is “fixed” adding --tps flag - although that is abit off topic.

Sticking with the mount settings above and having plex read them directly with no fuse mount works really well.

Still had 2 short buffer instances on an 70 GB file.
No API errors.

What would you gents recommend avoiding the buffering instances?
Increasing the --vfs-read-chunk-size OR --buffer-size

The --rc flag looks helpful - but that needs a thread or two in its own right :):rofl:

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.