Another Onedrive Token Fail to Save Issue

Hi to all and hope everyone is well and staying safe. As my screen name might suggest I'm new to rclone & to the forum.

As noted in the topic I'm having a problem with the onedrive token not being saved. First I apologize for re-hashing this as I know from searching this is a somewhat familiar topic but so far I haven't been able to find an answer. So, I'm hoping someone can offer a suggestion or two as to how I might resolve the issue.

In short I'm trying to setup onedrive w/rclone on a an old hp laptop running Linux Mint Mate 19.3. I followed the procedure ontlined in an It's Foss article called "How to Use Microsoft OneDrive in Linux With Rclone Open-Source Tool and other similar articles. I have a screen shot that I could attach if I knew how but it shows where things apparently go bad because of the folowing ERROR statment:

2020/09/26 04:48:41 ERROR : Failed to save new token in config file: section 'onedrive' not found

As of now I can only assume rclone was installed correctly as I don't know how to confirm that other than it does appear to create a "onedrive" folder in confiig, there's just nothing in it! One thing I have noticed however is that when I start the "reclone config" in the terminal, the results I get are a little different than whats shown an Rclone article called Microsoft OneDrive and other articles/videos I've seen. For instance, I get none of the verbiage asking to "enter string value" or "choose type", i.e., Personal or Business, etc.

So, if anyone can offer any advice it would be much appreciated. Also, please let me know what other information might be helpful.

Thank you in advance.

When you posted there was a superb, well written template that collects information so we don't have to re-ask a bunch of questions.

If you filled that out, it would be super easy to answer your question because we'd have your rclone version, the OS you are running on already and I would not have to ask those.

Why did you delete the template and not just use it?

1 Like

Sorry, though it was just a suggested method not a requirement. If that is the required method to post then I will re-post using that way. Thanks for letting me know!

I re-posted my issue under a different heading, Rclone & OneDrive: Enter the response uri?, as I was able to get beyond the original issue but now have the above "response uri" issue. I think I followed the correct problem format, please let me know. Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.