Advice & Questions re. Backing up approx 1Tb of small files to Dropbox,

Thanks, I will do that.

A full rclone sync takes approx 80 hours. I have run one and this has given me some considerable insight:

I am using rclone to cloudbackup up a directory which contains 3 sub directories, one for each computer I have. Looking through the full log with -vv set I realised that only one of the three subfolder is having problems. two of them behave correctly, skipping file copies as I’d expect. the third one NEVER skips, and copies EVERY file, no matter what I do.

Apparently the 3 directories are the same AFAIK, their unix ownerships are different , but I dont think that should be an issue ?

I’m starting to think that the offending directory has some problem at the destination ? I think I pre-created its folder name via the dropbox UI when I first started. I have removed the entire directory from dropbox, and I wanted to also remove it from the Deleted folder . This is proving hard as some of the subfolders are huge (apple iPhoto) , so I may need to wait for 30 days for dropbox to purge out all of the deleted stuff.

I wonder also if this strange case semi-sensitivity that Drpbox has is an issue. The offending folder originally had been created All lower case, but locally the first character was upper. A quick run after removing let rclone recreate it with upper , but still it seemed on a second pass to recopy ?

if I exclude the offending folder, rclone runs fine, completes on the second pass and even deleted some files (correctly) from the server