ACD_CLI is back, RClone the next?

I see that acdli is working again (I don't know how)

Is it possible that RClone work again?

1 Like

Here is the commit diff, OATH url changed at least…

Hoping this means good stuff to come for rclone!

It’s not very clear why / how it is working now. May be just a corrected auth server with client_id / secrets borrowed from another application, or may be an official new authorization by amazon.

Most likely a donated API credential

2 Likes

Note: I do NOT know anything about the story, this is what I’ve got in two minutes of clicking. Gitter chat: “yadayada @yadayada May 24 20:52 I will have an alternative Appspot authentication proxy by tomorrow or post instructions on how to use bgemmill’s working one.”

bgemmill seems to have a fork of acd-cli on github since the day(s) when yadayada (acdcli’s developer) was radio-silent so I assume he’s an enthusiast trying to revive acd-cli (now together with yadayada).

Yeah, saw that, same thing as in the diff commit about a new auth server : the question is why is this new auth server working (once session bug corrected) (ie, reused credentials, re-approved credentials, or indeed other official credentials donated by someone).

identified as acd-cli when allowing the app so it is its legit key, wherever it came from.
as much as I understand the need to hide client id and secret, I fail to see how it prevents other apps from proxying through these auth servers to grab tokens…
and thanks for https://acd-api-oa.appspot.com/src, always interesting to see how it’s done

It doesn’t and it also increases the risk to the customer that their tokens will be intercepted. I’ve argued this point now so much #tired.

It doesn’t increase security at all. I would only use it if it is the only way to get rclone back on the air as it does adhere to the letter of the law in not exposing the credentials.

PS not heard back from Amazon this week

5 Likes

IMO given the hundreds of TBs they ended up recovering for a smallish pay to price (refunding), they won’t allow it back. It’s just too simple to use and push ginormous amounts of crypted (no money to make) data. I’m just glad you thought of allowing one to specify its own client_id :grin:

If you’d rather see PHP code for an auth server: https://github.com/alex-phillips/clouddrive-endpoint/blob/master/clouddrive.php

did amazon really supported acd_cli again or devs temporary fix the ban of the app by using private key from someone who donated it? if its the last one, i guess it will be shortlive joy, but im hoping amazon supported it again but i wont put much hope on it. if rclone gets supported too in the next few days, thats big high hope that everything will be in good terms with amazon like before both acd_cli and rclone.

I’m still trying to copy my data from ACD to GCD. MultiCloud will currently take until next Christmas.
The Google Compute route is a bit too advanced for me.

Would I have any joy with spinning up ACD_CLI while it seems to be operational, pulling data from ACD then RCLONE that out to GCD

All data is crypted with RCLONE. I would like to just copy the data, and not let ACD mangle it it any way, so RCLONE can then mount the GCD as it did ACD. Then remove ACD_CLI

Possible?

Anyone have a command line that would achieve the above?

Volume ~16TB
VPS @ Hetzner; bandwidth / transfer not much of an issue.
Local VPS free space ~2TB
Ubuntu 16.04

-=zdz=-

pulled out all my 15TB from acd to gdrive with google compute method (odrive) in three days. you should try that method. i thought ill be stuck downloading all my files and uploading all year too, but im glad someone shared that method.

You can use parts of the Google-Compute solution on your Hetzner Server too. Skip the whole server creation on compute and just start with the odrive part.

After odrive is finished I use rclone to copy it to my gdrive:

rclone copy /crypt YOURNAME:/ --verbose --transfers 10 --checkers 20 --min-size 20b --ignore-existing --ignore-checksum

If you dont’t have enough HD space, you can unsync files that are already uploaded and start rclone later again. The --min-size 20b makes sure that none of the useless .cloud or .cloudf Files are uploaded.

I’m moving 35 TB from 2 ACD Accounts to 2 Gdrives atm. works like a charm.

Thanks for that Hank.

I’m not too clear how you cope with chunking the data via local storage.
Due to the limited space on the VPS server, I would need to download <2TB then upload that, then move on to the next chunk.
How do you track that? Manually?

Yes, I do. All direct copy solutions I tried have been too slow. (Although I did not try acd_cli after it returned)

I have several directorys and they are around 1TB big, only a few use more space (up to 3 TB) (I have 1.6TB free on my server). With these I have to do it manually.

When odrive is syncing and stops with “no space left”, I start rclone. When it’s finished I unsync the directorys I’m sure are copied and start the odrive sync again. The previous unsynced ones end with .cloudf, so the find command will ignore them as it’s only looking for .cloud.

I’m sure there is a more elegant way, but it does the Job for me. And as I’m also an ebay-account-ban-victim I’m doing it for the second time in the last few days :slight_smile:

I’m currently using it on the cheapest scaleway instance. I’ve got about 6TB to transfer so I’m hoping it lasts long enough.

I agree.

I decided to pay the monthly fee but during daytime it moves as 1MB/sec and during the night at an average of 2MB/sec.

Mount it to acd_cli [quote=“zdz, post:13, topic:2602, full:true”]
I’m still trying to copy my data from ACD to GCD. MultiCloud will currently take until next Christmas.The Google Compute route is a bit too advanced for me.

Would I have any joy with spinning up ACD_CLI while it seems to be operational, pulling data from ACD then RCLONE that out to GCD

All data is crypted with RCLONE. I would like to just copy the data, and not let ACD mangle it it any way, so RCLONE can then mount the GCD as it did ACD. Then remove ACD_CLI

Possible?

Anyone have a command line that would achieve the above?

Volume ~16TBVPS @ Hetzner; bandwidth / transfer not much of an issue.Local VPS free space ~2TBUbuntu 16.04

-=zdz=-
[/quote]

Mount ACD to acd_cli, after create a new local share (target to acd_cli mount) with Rclone and add a new target (the local storage) to your old crypt mount.

If you do this, not need to do enything. it working like before.

If you want to copy files to Gdrive, buy a scaleway VPS and do this here. add Gdrive acc to rclone and simply sync the two share.

1 Like