Acd and GDRIVE working together

That is indeed what I have ended up doing. I have two G drives and two AC drives that I can rotate through as needed. The “LocalGoogle” and “LocalAmazon” mounts point to the encrypted remote mounts so that I can change backends if needed. So far using google-drive-ocamlfuse I have had no problems with scanning, uploading or streaming, but the rclone ACD mount does not stream reliably.

ACTIVE=Google
PLEX=/Plex
google-drive-ocamlfuse -o allow_other,ro,atomic_o_trunc,large_read,default_permissions -label gdrivemp /mnt/gdrivemp
google-drive-ocamlfuse -o allow_other,ro,atomic_o_trunc,large_read,default_permissions -label gdrivecm /mnt/gdrivecm
(rclone mount --read-only --allow-other --buffer-size 1G --log-file /logs/adrivefr.log adrivefr: /mnt/adrivefr &)&
(rclone mount --read-only --allow-other --buffer-size 1G --log-file /logs/adriveus.log adriveus: /mnt/adriveus &)&
(rclone mount --read-only --allow-other --log-file /logs/LocalAmazon.log LocalAmazon: /mnt/Amazon &)&
(rclone mount --read-only --allow-other --log-file /logs/LocalGoogle.log LocalGoogle: /mnt/Google &)&

for DIR in Movies TV Kids; do
    if [ ! -d /mnt/${ACTIVE}/${DIR} ]; then
        echo "Erorr: /mnt/${ACTIVE}/${DIR} does not exist!"
        echo "Not starting services!"
        exit 1
    fi
    ln -sf /mnt/${ACTIVE}/${DIR} ${PLEX}/
done

Do you think your plex-scan-new script will cause a gdrive ban if it is ran every 30 minutes?

No, and I also tested running scan on all files with the script where each scan is run per one file and not like default Plex Scanner does where it start accessing and scanning multiple files.

I run scan 5x times (20K files) on all my libraries to see if I will get banned and it worked.

Hey ho,

for all of you got banned by Google. If you are unbanned again, you can test my tool: https://github.com/dweidenfeld/plexdrive

It is not a replacement for rclone, but maybe an addition (comparable to node-gdrive-fuse).
After the initial start you should give the program some time, to scan your whole directory for media files (took me around 10-20 minutes, with around 2TB media drive). I decreased the performance of the tool, so that you should not get banned.

Playing files also works flawlessly for me.
My current setup is:
rclone crypt -> plexdrive -> google drive

regards,
Dom

@dweidenfeld just a suggestion, you could make those changes to rclone and offer same functionality with additional flags. There are already 61 contributors in rclone project and most people would prefer to stick with one app, especially since its already offering the mount functionality.

With so many contributors would be much easier maintaining the app in the long run as for now there are tons of gdrive mount apps that are being updated with one person for a while and when its crucial you can wait for fixes for months and usually best case scenario is someone forking it and making custom updates.

1 Like

@Ajki
I totally agree with you, but I have had a look on rclone and saw that the structure is not viable for good caching. So I would have to do a complete refactoring of the indexing and playing logic, I can do this, but the afford was much higher, than simply build an own solution.

Maybe I will have a look on rclone again and try to include my ideas into it.

Great, maybe even additional mount command eg streammount that implements your logic, not sure what @ncw had in mind.

If you stick with your app then i strongly suggest you implement existing crypt support (reading keys from rclone.conf) , otherwise people will need to mount with plexdrive then change rclone crypt destination and then mount with rclone the crypt drive to make it work. ( way to many layers )

Okay. So I think I will wait for @ncw.

@ncw If you got a plan already how to implement the gdrive “watch for changes” and how to cache the file system properly, you could share your plan with me. Maybe I can help you :wink:

Well I just got a gdrive ban…