ACD BAN/Alternatives discussion (error HTTP code 429)

What do you mean its not use API ? If its 3rd party app then it uses API, however its possible that only certain 3rd party apps are blocked/limited.

after you saying that i went see on amazon there is app, i must take back what i said you where right it seems to use api, so it brings to us, they have only rclone api broken. or they have done a rate to it to avoid people use alot of it.

The ARQ Backup software is also see the same issue as rclone

Itā€™s not just rclone, acdcli is also broken:

File "/usr/local/lib/python3.5/dist-packages/acdcli/api/metadata.py", line 51, in get_changes
  raise RequestError(r.status_code, r.text)
  acdcli.api.common.RequestError: RequestError: 429, [acd_api] no body received.

holysht Iā€™m glad its not just me. Having super slow speeds. Sometimes a simple ā€œlsdā€ command will take 10 mins.

What is going on? Went through the whole day fixing my internet thinking it was the issue, then went to the forums to check and its not! Its amazon!

Any updates from rclone dev or an announcement amazon is broken would be great.

It is a Amazon issue as it is effecting other software too. There are a couple of comments up-thread with replies from Amazon. They are aware of the issue and working on a fix.

Hope its not permanent, if it is, an official announcement would be great. Just like how plex cloud supported acd during beta but decided not to after official release.

@riku2015
how do you know what folder is what if my folder name is encrypted? I have yet to figure this out

rclone lsd --crypt-show-mapping whatever:path/to/something

1 Like

One of my accounts is made from gusite with a single user. Another one is made from an edu mail and the two accounts I bought at ebay are normal domains. So these are not hidden edu accounts but you have a chance to get them from a seller who sells only edu

1 Like

didnā€™t know about that flag, great! thanks

It does not matter if you mount mounted local with rclone the dir structure is same

yah now that rclone is down if i wanted to download it from the web i wouldnā€™t know whats what.

You can definitely tell this is a consumer service and that Amazon treats consumer services differently (I donā€™t blame them). AWS would have never been down this long. haha

Iā€™ve set low level retries to an insane number to get this on a host that usually gets around 100-150MB/s

2017/04/19 15:36:46 INFO  :
Transferred:   11.013 MBytes (1.413 kBytes/s)
Errors:                 0
Checks:                 0
Transferred:           88
Elapsed time:  2h12m57.8s

I tested mounting up via ExpanseDrive on my mac and it works. I can see all my folders and such and I can transfer files as well.

I just used my Mac to mount up the rclone encrypted drive and Iā€™ll work at transferring stuff out once I get home.

Now rClone, acd_cli, CloudBerry does not work. First only rCloneā€¦
Amazon Drive Web and Amazon Drive Tool works normal

1 Like

Good to see that we have a fallback plan :smiley:

I was curious and tested something out. I downloaded a few files from ACD from the web interface.

Iā€™m not sure if this is the most efficient way of doing this. But I wanted to download stuff that was encrypted on Amazon and then decrypt locally.

So I made a new remote with the type SSH. This actually points to the server itself. Iā€™m using a SYS dedi to do this. So after I set up a SSH remote pointing at itself I made a crypt using that. I just used BS passwords when making the crypt.

Then I modified .rclone.conf like this just copying the keys used from the original crypt.

After that a simple rclone copy RUFUSENC: /home/whatever/ and it unencrypted everything.

Not a ideal solution but it does work in the event that ACD never works again. Things can be recovered.

1 Like

you can do this all on live guys use expandrive and mount rclone to local pointing expandrive folder. it should work in theory.

maybe wait day or so if they fix thisā€¦ then after i will try that